Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimated Bill

Options
  • 24-05-2015 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Can you please tell my why are my bills was estimated?? 
    I received my Electricity Bill during the week and yet again it was estimated. 
    Why didn't anyone call to read the meter or leave a card saying i was out??
    Nothing!
    I checked with my neighbours and like me they neither had a reading done nor a card left to submit their own reading!!!! 
    I am so annoyed over this. I spent 12 minuets on the phone Thursday trying to find someone to talk to. Instead all I got was an automated responce.   
    I would further like to point out, that both your Customer Service phone number and your "Complaints" number are the same. Ridiculous Service!!!!👎

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Do you know that for most people they may only get an actual meter reading once or twice a year at most ?

They dont really need to read it every month, they know from usage patterns etc what approximately you are using and will tally it with the next metered reading.

However you can submit meter readings every month if you wish via the instructions on this website
    https://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/en/domestic-customers/metering/submit_meter_reading.jsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi cathorio,

Thanks for your post.
    cathoria wrote:
    Can you please tell my why are my bills was estimated?? 
    I received my Electricity Bill during the week and yet again it was estimated.
    Why didn't anyone call to read the meter or leave a card saying i was out??
    Nothing!

ESB Networks read electricity meters on behalf of all providers; they aim to read your meter four times per year, so four out of the six bills you receive annually should be based on actual readings, provided there are no difficulties accessing the meter. If this is not the case, you would need to contact ESB Networks directly (you can find their full contact details here).

We calculate the electricity you use based on the meter readings we receive (provided by you or ESB Networks) or on estimates (informed by previous usage where available). If you need to adjust a meter reading, you can do so online here. You can also submit your own meter readings online or by using our Meter Reading App.

Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards, 
    David

Do you know that for most people they may only get an actual meter reading once or twice a year at most ?

They dont really need to read it every month, they know from usage patterns etc what approximately you are using and will tally it with the next metered reading.

However you can submit meter readings every month if you wish via the instructions on this website
    https://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/en/domestic-customers/metering/submit_meter_reading.jsp

Thanks for your input Outkast_IRE and for posting that link.

Past usage patterns are usually reliable indicators of actual usage, and these are used whenever we don't receive actual readings. However in the case of new properties, or properties which have a high turnover of occupants, reliable usage patterns can be more difficult to establish. We encourage customers to submit their own readings whenever an estimated bill is received, and clearly mark any estimated readings in red on the front of a customer's bill.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cathorio

David I appreciate the reply but all you did was tell me what I already know.
    What I need from you is an answer to my question,, 
    Normally if I'm out when they come to read the meters a card is left indicating I missed them. I then phone in my reading. This is not happening. No card is being left!!!! Why????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

cathorio wrote: »
    Normally if I'm out when they come to read the meters a card is left indicating I missed them. I then phone in my reading. This is not happening. No card is being left!!!! Why????

Why is your meter inside?

• Advertisement

cathorio wrote:

Hi cathorio,

We're sorry to hear no card is being left by the meter reader, but as I explained above, ESB Networks read meters on behalf of all electricity providers. They are a separate company from ourselves and would look after the reading of your meter irrespective of the provider you are with.

If no card is being left by an ESB Networks meter reader, unfortunately we would not be in a position to explain why this is happening. You would need to contact ESB Networks directly.

If there is anything we can help with in relation to your Electric Ireland account, or if you have any other questions, do let us know.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement