Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this dress okay for a wedding?

• 24-05-2015 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

It's a beautiful dress, not ott because of the cut and length (I wasn't sure what to expect reading your description) I personally wouldn't put anything on it because the dress itself is enough.
    I wouldn't be a centre of the room person so I understand your wariness but if you have the confidence to wear it then it's definitely wedding suitable.
    Well wear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

Id say its fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I definitely wouldn't put any belt with it. It's hard to tell the colour from the pic, but if it's anywhere near white I wouldn't wear it, as anyone who wears a white sparkly dress to a wedding would appear to be trying to take attention from the bride, in my opinion. If it's grey it would prob be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sara1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Tis grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Do not put a belt with it.. that matching belt look can look very dated and old fashioned especially with a dress that is cut like this one.Beautiful dress, I would buy it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Lovely dress. I think it's absolutely fine to wear to a wedding. I wouldn't put a belt on it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I agree with the others. If you want to desparkle it just pair it with blazer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Gorgeous dress, belt is an awful idea. The sequins don't look dazzlingly sparkly, they're quite subtle, I'd say it's 100% wedding appropriate :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Beautiful dress that would be lovely for a wedding. Love the shape and length. I agree with others here in saying that it doesn't need a belt. Definitely not attention seeking style of dress. Wear it and enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sara1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

sara1 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the responses. I have decided not to go with it and have ordered the one below instead for the day, similar shape so am happy about that. I just wouldn't have been comfortable, I'm a guest to the wedding and have never met the bride so I feel it may be a bit ott. My brother is getting married in September so I'll save it for that.

Gorgeous also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Both dresses are lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Both dresses are beautiful. Enjoy the weddings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

That flowered one is really lovely.

liked the sequin one too and didn't think it was too conspicuous, specially if you had a light jacket round your shoulders for part of the proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 josephineperry

I like both drersses, first one is great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I think they're both beautiful -love the cut and the back detail - but I think you've made the right choice with the floral. The sequinned one might be a bit OTT for a non family wedding. It will be gorgeous for your brothers wedding.

Advertisement