Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrib Village accomodation

Options
  • 24-05-2015 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I'm spending 3 days in Galway next week and I'm looking for a quite cheap accomodation. This time I would't like the usual hostel 8-beds dorm, so I see that Corrib Village offer single rooms at a good price. Is it a good option? How far is (walking) from city centre? (or maybe would anyone suggest another accomodation?) Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Trotters

I stayed there once for a wedding. it is quite nice and Galway is not a very big city, you coud walk from there to town but it might take 20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tenacious-me

I'm fairly certain they run a shuttle bus in/out of town from corrib village, info is probably on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm fairly certain they run a shuttle bus in/out of town from corrib village, info is probably on their website

Only during summer. I'm not sure if the season has started yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Trotters wrote: »
    I stayed there once for a wedding. it is quite nice and Galway is not a very big city, you coud walk from there to town but it might take 20 minutes

Unless you're at the back apartments and it'll take 30 min plus.

As others have said, there should be a shuttle bus. I think one of the city bus lines has a stop near the main entrance to CV, though it's been a while so I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Lived up in Dangan for a few months at end last year. Takes 25 or so from Corrib to town.
    The 404 bus goes by Corrib village on way into town every 40 minutes or so

• Advertisement
Advertisement