Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Streaming for IPAD 1

• 24-05-2015 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I have one of the original Ipad's with the larger screen, its a 64gb 3g Ipad, not that it matters much but it started to go slow so i wiped it and restored it to ner as the kids had loads of useless apps on it. Now when i go to download new apps a lot of them say i need IOS6.0 as a minimum requirement but 5.1.1 is the latest for thei model ipad.

I want to download FILMON or other such apps onto it. Is there any other way of getting around this? i tried to download it from itunes and push it onto the ipad but it keeps deleting it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

beebaw wrote: »
    I have one of the original Ipad's with the larger screen, its a 64gb 3g Ipad, not that it matters much but it started to go slow so i wiped it and restored it to ner as the kids had loads of useless apps on it. Now when i go to download new apps a lot of them say i need IOS6.0 as a minimum requirement but 5.1.1 is the latest for thei model ipad.

I want to download FILMON or other such apps onto it. Is there any other way of getting around this? i tried to download it from itunes and push it onto the ipad but it keeps deleting it.

Thanks
    You're screwed I'm afraid. It's old apps from here on in or upgrade to a newer model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

also have an ipad 1 and its getting less useful by the day.

That said, BBC iPlayer (old Version) still works on it as does zattoo (similar to film on)
    I think RTE Junior is still working too.
    BBC live Streaming also works on Safari "if youre in the uk".

It might also be worth checking out aer tv, although they look for a subscription now.

also worth thinking of, if youve a backup of the ipad, maybe restore it as it was and just delete one by one the more useless apps.

Advertisement