Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inishbofin wild camping?

Options
  • 24-05-2015 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Trying to plan a short camping trip out west--two nights most. Inishbofin is appealing, but my google-fu reveals only an old thread from boards that lacks specificity. Anyone has any experience wild camping on Inishbofin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Nope but there is an old Cromwellian fort at the entrance to the harbour, which might be interesting. Presumably on private land, requiring permission, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tphase

Trying to plan a short camping trip out west--two nights most. Inishbofin is appealing, but my google-fu reveals only an old thread from boards that lacks specificity. Anyone has any experience wild camping on Inishbofin?
    camped 2 nights at the east end last year, no problems. I'd ask if it's OK if you see anyone but I wouldn't go looking for someone to ask.
    A bit of a walk to the pub but not enough to put you off. The fort is closer but I think the path around the harbour isn't in great nick in spots, wouldn't fancy it in the dark after a few beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Bristolscale7

Thanks tphase. Also heard there is commonage on the track up to Lough Bofin.

Advertisement