Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricty bills overcharged refund?

Options
  • 24-05-2015 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am leaving rented house now this month and I have been overcharged every month. Due to the last tenent using high electricity for heating and there being two people in the house. I was only paying half that in my last apartment so that's why I know. I have called airtricity and they said they can only change it when someone checks the meter which never happened. I am on direct debit. I was told I can not be refund. Is this true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Get a meter reading and they will refund back to the actual reading, if appropriate. They had to guess based on previous consumption if they could not get readings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Satori Rae

This happened to me the day you leave submit a reading from your meter (if you have acess) they will tell you which on to look for over the phone. The might refund you or give you credit for next bill. I got given the free credit option myself.

Advertisement