If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Av Receiver Advice

Options
  • 24-05-2015 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I'm hitting a brick wall deciding between the Yamaha RX-V677 and the Sony STR-DN1050. I'm aware of the lack of bluetooth in the Yamaha. Would I have to get the official Yamaha accessory or is it possible to use a simple bluetooth dongle that I can purchase for a couple of €. From what I'm hearing Sony have a bad reputation on faulty HDMI ports. Is this true or should I take it with a grain of salt. I'm hoping to marry the AVR upto a set of Q Acoustics 2020i speakers. Would love to hear your opinion. I'm ready to purchase as soon as I've made a decision.Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

kknikon wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm hitting a brick wall deciding between the Yamaha RX-V677 and the Sony STR-DN1050. I'm aware of the lack of bluetooth in the Yamaha. Would I have to get the official Yamaha accessory or is it possible to use a simple bluetooth dongle that I can purchase for a couple of €. From what I'm hearing Sony have a bad reputation on faulty HDMI ports. Is this true or should I take it with a grain of salt. I'm hoping to marry the AVR upto a set of Q Acoustics 2020i speakers. Would love to hear your opinion. I'm ready to purchase as soon as I've made a decision.Thanks
    Hi KKnikon.

Two very good receivers to pick from. Either would run the 2020i with no problems.

HDMI problems with the 1050 is not something I'm familiar with. We have sold hundreds and had none back with HDMI faults.

For bluetooth on the Yamaha you could add the Harmon Kardon BTA10 priced at 69.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12026-bta10-bluetooth.aspx?swapstore=1

Both units got 5 star reviews in What HiFi but the Sony won product of the year in its class.
    The Sony has been more popular the the 677 in terms of sales.
    While the Yamaha is cheaper adding the extra for the Blue-tooth it may be better just to purchase the Sony at 569.99 Euro (Currently in stock).
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200552-strdn1050.aspx 

Hopefully this helps a little. Any questions please let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.