Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to rent a flat on RAS (Rental Accommodation Scheme) in Co. Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 24-05-2015 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am looking to rent a one-bedroom apartment in a quiet house on the RAS (Rental Accommodation Scheme) in County Dun Laoghaire - Rathdown. I have been on this scheme for 4 years, and my lease will be up soon. The current landlord needs to renovate the flat, as it is the only flat in the house that hasn't been renovated yet, so I must look for another accommodation on the RAS scheme.

I am now looking for another 4-year lease, and the County Council will guarantee the rent payment directly onto the landlord's account during that period. If any landlord can be interested in getting a quiet and responsible tenant for their property, please contact me by replying to this ad PM. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Dun Laoighre is south dublin and a very desirable area for private rents. Id consider moving to somewhere less desirable and you may have more success. Tallaght is not too far away but has far more social / RAS housing available.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Mod snip

I haven't commented on tallaght, its a fact that dun laoighre is more desirable for private rental than tallaght , and there are a lot more landlords willing to take RA there.

similar to telling someone to look at blackrock instead of ailsbury road is not a slight on blackrock, just rent is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I haven't commented on tallaght, its a fact that dun laoighre is more desirable for private rental than tallaght , and there are a lot more landlords willing to take RA there.

Your view that Dun Laoghaire is more desirable is purely your own opinion.
    There are plenty of people who would not like to live there.

You're wrong, also, that there are more Landlords in Tallaght willing to accept RAS. It's not a scheme tied to the one area.

It's a lucky dip as to who will accept the scheme and is not based on the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note: Generalisations about areas are not welcome on this forum. Please stick to the facts regarding likely availability without speculating what the reasons for that might be.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Your view that Dun Laoghaire is more desirable is purely your own opinion.
    There are plenty of people who would not like to live there.

You're wrong, also, that there are more Landlords in Tallaght willing to accept RAS. It's not a scheme tied to the one area.

It's a lucky dip as to who will accept the scheme and is not based on the area.

cheapest two 3 bed houses to rent currently in dun laoighre - 1825 and 2380 per month . Cheapest 3 bed houses to rent in Tallaght - 900 and 1250 , the market speaks for itself, no slight on Tallaght, but more people want to live in dun laoighre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Philidor

I'd consider moving to somewhere less desirable and you may have more success. Tallaght is not too far away but has far more social / RAS housing available.

The suggestion is absolutely useless. Tallaght? It is in South Dublin, and Dun Laoghaire is in Dun Laoghaire - Rathdown. RAS tenants can't move to another county, and if they do so, they can only get onto the new county's waiting list for RAS.

OP have you looked at all of Dun Laoghaire Rathdown or are you just focussing on Dun Laoghaire itself? The county is vast and includes areas where rents are lower than in Dun Laoghaire town

The title of this thread is "Looking to rent a flat on RAS (Rental Accommodation Scheme) in Co. Dun Laoghaire". I thought it was self-explanatory. :)

Philidor wrote: »
    The title of this thread is "Looking to rent a flat on RAS (Rental Accommodation Scheme) in Co. Dun Laoghaire". I thought it was self-explanatory. :)

Replies to the thread so far have focused on Dun Laoghaire, not every poster here is aware of the boundaries of the Dun Laoghaire -Rathdown county area, my post was intended to highlight this.

Right-o, I am talking about the County Dun Laoghaire - Rathdown, of course. Just so the future contributors to this discussion know. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

The councils still seem to expect landlords to be happy with less than market rent even in high demand areas like Dublin. I'm afraid your chances for finding a new willing landlord are slim.

Advertisement