Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brazillian Wax Using Strip Wax?

Options
  • 24-05-2015 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Just looking for a bit of advice! I found a local Salon of mine that does a very good deal on Brazillian waxing, but when I asked they said they use the strip wax (like the stuff they use for leg waxing), I've only ever had experience of the hard wax that is peeled off.

Does anyone know is there any big difference between the two? I have it in my head that the bikini area is so sensitive you're best to avoid strip waxing at all but the lady on the phone assured me that wasn't the case. I have quite sensitive skin so would prefer to pay a bit more if there was some benefit to the peel off wax but don't want to miss out on a good deal!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Dont do it!! - the only advice i can give you... if it was free I wouldnt take it. So much more painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Joolet wrote: »
    Just looking for a bit of advice! I found a local Salon of mine that does a very good deal on Brazillian waxing, but when I asked they said they use the strip wax (like the stuff they use for leg waxing), I've only ever had experience of the hard wax that is peeled off.

Does anyone know is there any big difference between the two? I have it in my head that the bikini area is so sensitive you're best to avoid strip waxing at all but the lady on the phone assured me that wasn't the case. I have quite sensitive skin so would prefer to pay a bit more if there was some benefit to the peel off wax but don't want to miss out on a good deal!

Strip waxing is better for legs. But for your bikini line it's a no no as it will hurt will hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Joolet wrote: »

apologies thought this was after hours I thought it was taking the mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Ive done it, never again. If you want to feel like your whole crotch is on fire for the rest of the day then go ahead !

Mine also started bleeding and I had a massive bruise :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Don't do it. It's so painful. I was left bleeding and with bruises as well.

I can't believe some places are still using it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

christ no, ive had strip wax done to my poor mary and i limped out like john fcuking wayne :( hot wax should be the only wax used !!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

In Ireland, I only ever had hot wax for bikini waxing. Here in Canada though, it's a lot less common! I found a place that used it and I booked in, but there was a mix-up with my booking and I ended up with an Indian therapist who's a "Master Waxer". She had 25 years experience in waxing, and she used the strip wax (which I reluctantly agreed to at the time). The best part for me was the speed! She was done in 10 minutes! It might have hurt more that hot wax, but a hot wax Brazilian takes at least twice as long and they go over the same area more than once to get the smaller hairs, which prolongs the pain.

So prior to that experience, I would have said NO to strip wax vehemently, but I've already rebooked in with the Master Waxer here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Faith wrote: »
    In Ireland, I only ever had hot wax for bikini waxing. Here in Canada though, it's a lot less common! I found a place that used it and I booked in, but there was a mix-up with my booking and I ended up with an Indian therapist who's a "Master Waxer". She had 25 years experience in waxing, and she used the strip wax (which I reluctantly agreed to at the time). The best part for me was the speed! She was done in 10 minutes! It might have hurt more that hot wax, but a hot wax Brazilian takes at least twice as long and they go over the same area more than once to get the smaller hairs, which prolongs the pain.

So prior to that experience, I would have said NO to strip wax vehemently, but I've already rebooked in with the Master Waxer here!

I have had a few hot waxes in Canada too and they do really large strips so they can get you out fast. It's so much more painful this way. I miss Brazilia in Dublin!

Advertisement