Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair warning, in my opinion.

Options
  • 25-05-2015 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

I replied to a thread this evening whereby I received a warning.
    I feel it was unjust.

I was actually mindful of "attacking the post", not the poster and I actually said it to myself before I posted my opinion.

However, according to the Mod, I *was* attacking the poster. I then told him/her I wasn't and that I had thought before I spoke.
    I then received a warning.

I went back to the thread to copy all replies, to show you what I said, but the Mod had swooped in and deleted my comment.

I am well aware of what's not meant to be said in relation to attacking posters and I am a regular user/reader of the forum in question.

I wouldn't disagree with a Mod's decision if I felt I *was* in the wrong and that has happened before.

But on this occasion, I don't feel this warning was fair and I wonder if you could look into it?

Here's the link to the thread and note my comment has been snipped.
    Thanks for your time:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057435535

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Morning.

Two things stick out at me fussyonion.

Your warning and the posts that led to it.

Looking at the post that led to this though
    how very judgemental of you, Eric.
    your post was fine up until the section I quoted. If that's not a comment directed personally at Eric I don't know what is.
    & then this to the mod
    So you're wrong

1st up the Warning.
    I'll be blunt here, your first post was clear personal abuse, but the post that was flagged, while rude was not all that abusive.
    However, that post is in clear violation of our charter, because you argued with a mod in thread. Most of the fora here are the same and many would have immediately issued an infraction or ban. From the A&P charter.
    Questioning a mod action in a thread is considered off topic and unhelpful posting and may result in a ban from the forum.
    Just getting a warning for that breach is frankly very lenient, in other fora its an immediate Infraction or worse.

So I've a choice, reverse the warning for that post, but then reissue just to classify it correctly or let it stand as is. I'm letting it stand, but the mod is right, you need to tone down your interactions here and make them less personal or you will just draw more mod attention.

If you want an admin can be asked to review this as well fussyonion, please let us know?
    Cheers
    Taltos

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hi Taltos

Thanks for your swift reply.
    No, I don't want an admin to look into it. I'm happy with your explanation.
    I was wrong to call out the Mod in the thread, but for everything else, I'll just take the warning.
    I don't feel it warranted one, but I won't argue. I'm satisfied with your response, so I'll leave it there.
    Thanks again.

-fussyonion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement