Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CV and work history issue

Options
  • 25-05-2015 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Last year I was working in a job where I was left go due to poor performance. I only worked there for a few months. I'm not sure whether I should leave out that I worked in this job or put it on my cv. I will be looking for jobs in a similar area but at a lower level. I have done a part-time course so feel more confident in my abilities. I have been unable to work since I lost that job due to health issues. Now I am in a much better place so I am trying to organise my cv.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

i would leave it off CV if it was only a short amount of time, just in case they ring company for a reference, cant give a bad one, but might be negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    i would leave it off CV if it was only a short amount of time, just in case they ring company for a reference, cant give a bad one, but might be negative.

Thanks for your reply. I didn't think of that. I am just concerned will I have to give the new job my p45 from my previous job where I was fired. Or do I get something from social welfare to give to my new employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

Thanks for your reply. I didn't think of that. I am just concerned will I have to give the new job my p45 from my previous job where I was fired. Or do I get something from social welfare to give to my new employer.

You're under no obligation to provide a new employer with your P45 - you can just say you didn't get one or that you lost it, and fill in a form 12A.

Advertisement