Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing final year repeat exams

Options
  • 25-05-2015 7:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am repeating my final year, I have an exam for one of the modules that I failed today at 9:30. However, I am too ill to attend. I think I need to go to the emergency department (as I have heart problems) but from what I know if I dont sit this exam now I will loose my entitlement to honours.

Does anyone know if they will let me sit the exam in August and allow me to keep honours? If not I will have to try to sit the exam but I am worried about driving like this, and the possibility of failing anyway because I cant think straight...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

DylanII wrote: »
    Hi,

I am repeating my final year, I have an exam for one of the modules that I failed today at 9:30. However, I am too ill to attend. I think I need to go to the emergency department (as I have heart problems) but from what I know if I dont sit this exam now I will loose my entitlement to honours.

Does anyone know if they will let me sit the exam in August and allow me to keep honours? If not I will have to try to sit the exam but I am worried about driving like this, and the possibility of failing anyway because I cant think straight...

You should ring the examinations office and ask them. None of us are qualified to tell you, unless one of us actually works in examinations? I hope you don't end up having to go to hospital, but if you do, make sure you get some sort of letter from them detailing the problem, in case you need to prove it to the examinations people.

Ultimately you have to look after your health. It's a rare company that will ask for a transcript and, if asked, you can explain the degree. Your marks won't change.

Ring examinations.

Advertisement