Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NET1 FU to Customers

Options
  • 25-05-2015 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

NET1 broadband provider have decided to say FU to their customers. They are trying to force us into a new contract at almost double the current price of €35 per month to speed up their service.
    They have "offered" to match Eircom fibre if it arrives in your area.
    In other words
    "we can afford to offer broadband at the lower price but will instead screw our customers out of extra money until we absolutely have to reduce prices to match the competition".
    In the meantime you will be tied into and 18 month contact and will not be able to switch.
    Disgusting treatment of loyal customers who have been putting up with a half rate service for years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Alcar wrote: »
    NET1 broadband provider have decided to say FU to their customers. They are trying to force us into a new contract at almost double the current price of €35 per month to speed up their service.
    In other words
    "we can afford to offer broadband at the lower price but will instead screw our customers out of extra money until we absolutely have to reduce prices to match the competition".
    In the meantime you will be tied into and 18 month contact and will not be able to switch.
    Disgusting treatment of loyal customers who have been putting up with a half rate service for years.

If they modify the contract you can opt out without penalty.

Read your contract:
    http://www.net1.ie/termsandconditions/
    16 General Provisions
    16.1 We may change the provisions of this Agreement (including the charges) at any
    time, provided that we will give you notice of the changes at least 14 days before the
    change is to take effect at which time you may terminate this Agreement if the change
    materially affects “the Broadband Services”
    subject to you having fulfilled your
    obligations under clause 1.1 of this agreement (12 months minimum contract period).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

In other words
    Looks like a usual moan without giving the real information

On the Net1 site all the current options are listed. http://www.net1.ie/net1-packages-2015/

Fibre €34 a month - no-one give this low a price, though it is paid in advance for the year. (great deal)

Legacy plans are also listed. The €35 legacy plan is a 5mb service with basic phone package.

The equivalent new package which has 100mb uncongested fibre is €45 a month.

Sorry, its a few years since I was in school, but €35 to €45 is not "almost double"

You also seem to disregard that current customers upgrading will get a €90 discount.

But whining posts always tend to leave out important information - unfortunately google readily gives all info.

As said above - if you don't like it, cancel it. Though I can;t see anyone else giving simlar value.

ps - thanks for showing me a better value deal than my current deal with eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alcar

Read the Net1 package information on their website again please before misquoting...

The Fibre options are only available in areas where Eircom are already offering fibre.
    In a lot of rural areas, Eircom don't even offer broadband!! At all!!

€45 only applies to those with 8km of Mount Oriel.
    My cheapest option is €59 per month which is "almost double" the current €35.
    Minimum contact period is 18 months.
    There is no guarantee that the package will support phone (especially at a distance).

The legacy plans are no longer available.
    If I choose not to upgrade, they state in their letter that I will be downgraded from 5Mb/s to 2Mbs (phone package will definitely not work with this as I already tried it).

Eircom are due to put fibre broadband in the area in the next couple of months.
    My complaint was that if Eircom do offer competition, they will match their price.
    Why not look after your customers now instead of taking an opportunity to squeeze more money out of them. When Eircom do come along I will already have signed an 18 month contract as I cannot operate on 2Mb/s (who can?).

Since when is a genuine business complaint whining?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Read the Net1 package information on their website again please before misquoting...

The Fibre options are only available in areas where Eircom are already offering fibre.

There is no guarantee that the package will support phone (especially at a distance).

If I choose not to upgrade, they state in their letter that I will be downgraded from 5Mb/s to 2Mbs (phone package will definitely not work with this as I already tried it).

My complaint was that if Eircom do offer competition, they will match their price.
    Why not look after your customers now instead of taking an opportunity to squeeze more money out of them. When Eircom do come along I will already have signed an 18 month contract as I cannot operate on 2Mb/s (who can?).

Ok ... cancel it and go with someone else then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Maybe if you provided the information and questionas you ahve now done in your original post it would have a been a genuine query - but the original post is just whining.

Stil 35 to 59 is just over 2/3rds of an increase - far short of double.

You need to weigh up whether the extra speed is worth it or go with Eircom NGB (8mb) and then upgrade with eircom to foibre when it comes.

Another option is Three or Vodafone - if a 4g network is available. I'm on Three 4g and I get download of about 25mb and uploads of 15mb using my phone as a tethering system - cost for me is €25/month and that includes my calls & texts.

Thre's always other options.

• Advertisement
Advertisement