Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arm Warmers

• 25-05-2015 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy a pair of arm warmers.
    Is a pair of arm warmers just a pair of arm warmers or are there any excellent brands/models that you folks would recommend?
    I'll probably stick to what CRC have in stock because I have a voucher to use.

Looking at these for example at about €20

What extra would the Mavic or Santini ones at €35 give me??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭lissard

Castelli Nanoflex - water resistant and great fit. My best purchase in the last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

lissard wrote: »
    Castelli Nanoflex - water resistant and great fit. My best purchase in the last year.

€45!! :) Getting great reviews on CRC too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

I've 2 pairs of Sportful No-rain and they are brilliant... Im tall 6'3" and lean and the large fit perfect. never fall down. wore them Saturday at Tour de Connemara in rain & drizzle/12 degrees. cost < 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭lissard

Try these guys:
    http://www.swimcyclerun.com/base-layers/castelli-nanoflex-armwarmers.html

With the weather we've had in the last few weeks I find them great. Just pack a gillet and the arm warmers and it covers you for nearly all weather conditions. Have a matching pair of leg warmers for colder days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

I got a pair of these (the nanoflex ones) in Base2race in Ballymount, wanted to try sizing so was easier to buy local. Think they were only €40 in store so might be worth checking your local shop as well.

Oh and they are great piece of kit, wore them all winter and spring. Might be a bit heavy/warm for our "summer"

edit: just saw you had a CRC voucher, obviously will depend on its value as to whether worth shopping around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I got a remaindered pair in Aldi last year, 4 quid.
    Used them all winter even in snow, and the 3 peaks challenge this year, no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/endura-thermolite-arm-warmers-ss15/rp-prod18090

I use these ones, been very happy with them for about two years. Very much on the warm side, if you're looking for that. Fit me quite well, despite having very skinny arms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

These are the best I've used, don't slip, but might be a bit tight if you've big arms.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/sockguy-arm-warmers/rp-prod48897

Crocked wrote: »
    I got a pair of these (the nanoflex ones) in Base2race in Ballymount, wanted to try sizing so was easier to buy local. Think they were only €40 in store so might be worth checking your local shop as well.

Oh and they are great piece of kit, wore them all winter and spring. Might be a bit heavy/warm for our "summer"

edit: just saw you had a CRC voucher, obviously will depend on its value as to whether worth shopping around

Cheers. Ya, those NanoFlex are probably at the top of the list at the moment (or the Sportful No-Rain) but I won't be buying the NanoFlex from CRC at €45, voucher or no voucher. Lissard linked to SCR and they are €34 there.
    I have a choice to make now!!

Thanks for all the replies

markusz wrote: »
    I've 2 pairs of Sportful No-rain and they are brilliant... Im tall 6'3" and lean and the large fit perfect. never fall down. wore them Saturday at Tour de Connemara in rain & drizzle/12 degrees. cost < 30 euro.

Did you enjoy the day?? Weather was a p!sser but I had a great day out. A gang of us did it and house booked again for next year!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

I got a free pair at a sports communication sportive in France 3 years ago. Only pair I have, never felt I needed anymore.

Advertisement