Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Credit Card Direct Debit failed again!!

Options
  • 25-05-2015 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

I have a BOI credit card since December 2014, and set up a direct debit from my BOI current account to pay it in full every month.
    All was fine in January and February, the direct debit paid the card OK.

In March the DD failed, the statement stated:

18/03/2015 
    DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT THANK YOU: xxx.04  

20/03/2015
    NO INSTRUCTION: xxx.04  

20/03/2015
    LATE PAYMENT FEE 7.50  

I went to my branch to complain (they said the DD was set up wrong (but couldn't explain how it worked previously)) and arranged a refund of the late payment fee.

Left branch after being assured all was now OK (and signing more papers)

Paid card manually for March, the manual payment appeared in April's statement, so no Direct Debit. 
    May comes around, I notice my bank account hasn't gone down, so I log into 365 and see the Direct Debit has failed AGAIN.

18/05/2015
    DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT THANK YOU: xxxx.38  

20/05/2015
    NO INSTRUCTION: xxxx.38    

20/05/2015
    LATE PAYMENT FEE: 7.50  

Please can someone explain how to get a Bank of Ireland credit card paid from a Bank of Ireland current account by direct debit? and refund me the late payment fee please!

Thanks!

Nick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

nickjnick wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a BOI credit card since December 2014, and set up a direct debit from my BOI current account to pay it in full every month.

18/03/2015 

20/03/2015

20/03/2015
    LATE PAYMENT FEE 7.50  

I went to my branch to complain (they said the DD was set up wrong (but couldn't explain how it worked previously)) and arranged a refund of the late payment fee.

Paid card manually for March, the manual payment appeared in April's statement, so no Direct Debit. 
    May comes around, I notice my bank account hasn't gone down, so I log into 365 and see the Direct Debit has failed AGAIN.

18/05/2015

20/05/2015

20/05/2015

Please can someone explain how to get a Bank of Ireland credit card paid from a Bank of Ireland current account by direct debit? and refund me the late payment fee please!

Thanks!

Nick
    Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie and sorry to hear about the difficulties you have encountered with your credit card direct debit payment.

When you set up a direct debit to your credit card you will usually need to nominate the bank account to be debited, specify the date of the payment and the amount (based on a percentage of the balance due on the statement).

I would like to look into this further for you; please can I ask you to send a PM with your name and a contact telephone number so that I can arrange for a representative to call you. Please ensure that you don't include any account information in the PM.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nickjnick

Hi,

18/03/2015 

20/03/2015

20/03/2015
    LATE PAYMENT FEE 7.50  

18/05/2015

20/05/2015

20/05/2015

Thanks!

Nick
    Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie and sorry to hear about the difficulties you have encountered with your credit card direct debit payment.

When you set up a direct debit to your credit card you will usually need to nominate the bank account to be debited, specify the date of the payment and the amount (based on a percentage of the balance due on the statement).

I would like to look into this further for you; please can I ask you to send a PM with your name and a contact telephone number so that I can arrange for a representative to call you. Please ensure that you don't include any account information in the PM.

Thanks
    Nicola
    Hi Nicola,

The direct debit was set up as part of the signup process for the credit card and did initially work correctly, which is why I don't understand why it is failing now.

I tried sending you a PM, but got the following reply:

Bank of Ireland: Nicola has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her

Thanks,

Nick

Thanks Nick,

Can you try again to PM me? Click the link in my signature below to send in a private message. Please ensure to have signatures displaying in your Boards settings so that you can click on the link.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nickjnick

Thanks Nick,

Can you try again to PM me? Click the link in my signature below to send in a private message. Please ensure to have signatures displaying in your Boards settings so that you can click on the link.

Thanks
    Nicola
    Thanks Nicola, PM sent now.

Thanks Nick,

Thanks
    Nicola
    Thanks Nicola, PM sent now.
    Thanks Nick,

Just replied to your PM now, let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Advertisement
Advertisement