Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre & Homeplugs issue

Options
  • 25-05-2015 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭

Hello, I have eFibre for 2 or 3 months now and the WiFi works very well all over the house. I bought the Homeplugs as my kids use XBox360 in the attic where there is not phone point. We use the xBox for Netflicks but since installing eFibre we have not been able to use it once. The Xbox says it cannot connect to Xbox live and I have exhausted all the guide on the Xbox site.

I seem to have good speed coming into the eFibre box, cable connected directly to laptop shows 23.25 Upload, 8 Download, but at the Homeplug upstairs is only 6.28 Up & 7.2 down?

The Homeplugs are connected directly, no extension Cables, no baby monitors or cordless phones etc.

Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

MercMad wrote: »
    Hello, I have eFibre for 2 or 3 months now and the WiFi works very well all over the house. I bought the Homeplugs as my kids use XBox360 in the attic where there is not phone point. We use the xBox for Netflicks but since installing eFibre we have not been able to use it once. The Xbox says it cannot connect to Xbox live and I have exhausted all the guide on the Xbox site.

I seem to have good speed coming into the eFibre box, cable connected directly to laptop shows 23.25 Upload, 8 Download, but at the Homeplug upstairs is only 6.28 Up & 7.2 down?

The Homeplugs are connected directly, no extension Cables, no baby monitors or cordless phones etc.

Any suggestions ?
    Hi MercMad

Sorry to hear of this, the best advice I could offer you is to get in touch with our technical support representatives over Instant WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow or on 1890260260

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement