Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying for twins

Options
  • 25-05-2015 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi anyone try to conceive twins naturally using only herbal vitamins and certain foods.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I really don't know how herbal vitamins and certain foods will help you to conceive twins...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 postpat

I've read that soya isoflavones is named natural form of clomid, was going to try this. if it work would be great but if not i wouldn't be upset. Have two girls was trying for twin boy to complete the family, have looked into chinese lunar calendar for what month to try for boy.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

The Chinese lunar calendar evidently is flawed considering their orphanages full of unwanted girls. :confused:

Having been on two rounds of Clomid, I'd be inclined to stay well away from anything that claims to be its natural untested equivalent, when Clomid itself is a very cheap medication.

As a female who evidently already ovulates on her own and has no fertility issues, you run the risk of OHSS - Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (which can be very dangerous, even fatal, and symptoms hard to spot) when taking even a tiny does of a tried and tested drug such as Clomid, which is why any woman on it is monitored every month through hormonal blood analysis and scans.

And you want to take something totally unregulated, untested, in unregulated quantities without doctor supervision or blood tests? That's madness!

My fertility clinic strenuously warned against taking herbal stimulants that claim to mimic fertility drugs. And before you start thinking its about profits, the nurse treating me was highly qualified in her field, and I've known her since we were 12. Taking supplements like this is no different from going into a headshop and taking their equivalent to illegal drugs.

At the very least, discuss it with your GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

As far as I am aware there is no known method to substantially increase the odds of a multiple pregnancy without clinical fertility treatment. Any even then it's still hit and miss, a critical decision for those undergoing IVF/ICSI will be based around how many fertilised eggs to re-implant on day 5. It can be a tough call as having more than one will clearly increase the chance of success whereas multiples will carry the possibility of a multiple pregnancy, which may not suit some.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 postpat

Thanks for your reply's everyone, will talk to my doctor before trying anything

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

postpat wrote: »
    Have two girls was trying for twin boy to complete the family, have looked into chinese lunar calendar for what month to try for boy.

Holy feck. Can barely believe people think like this.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭SF12

I could be wrong but I have a feeling it's the male half of the partnership that determines the sex of the baby anyway. Something to do with women's eggs having only X chromosomes but men's sperm having X and Y.

Sorry OP, science would suggest it's completely out of your hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I really don't get it when people pin all their hopes on a girl/boy/twins and end up inevitably disappointed when they don't get their 'wish'. Babies are not made to order and each baby is so different regardless of sex. You can no more plan it than you can plan the weather, it's completely out of your hands.

Advertisement