Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing Tyre Widths

• 25-05-2015 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have standard MTB Tyres on my Trek 3900 Disc. They are Bontranger 26 v 2.0.

Is there any difficulty in me changing the tyres for 26 x 1.75 tyres? Just want something a little narrower as most of the riding is on road.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Shouldn't be any issue. I change the tyres on my hybrid from 37mm cross tyres in the bad weather to 32mm semi-slicks in the summer, and back to 40mm studs for the snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I was able to look up the spec for my rims and it gave a recommended range. I had to go for much wider than I would have guessed, the rims look really thin but I think the minimum was 2.1"

They came with 2.35" as standard.

Advertisement