Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog Boarding for an unneutered Beagle, North Dublin?

• 25-05-2015 2:44pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Heya, my beloved Dog Boarding host (Beabeg) are pausing their business for a few months and I may have need of somewhere else to place Josh for my 2 week holiday in August!

Now, Josh has stayed in the house before for this length of time. I hired a local vet nurse to walk him twice every day and bribed family and friends to come visit him and play with him regularly but its still not an ideal solution (even though it seemed to do him no harm).

I don't want to kennel him. Josh is never really constrained (his crate has a dog-flap exit to the garden) and he's not good at separation (he's a rescue) so sending him somewhere unfamiliar, constrained AND leaving him alone will land me with a ball of anxiety on my return.

I'm looking for a home boarding place who will house him in their house (and pamper him a bit :) ).

The one possible issue is that he isn't neutered. I'm not going to get into that with people on here, its the reality of the situation and its not going to change at this point. Josh isn't aggressive, by no means! But he may react to other non-neutered dogs if in a strange location. Its just something that needs to be considered.

He is an escapologist extraordinaire .... anywhere he is let out needs to be enclosed or like most Beagles he'll simply go where his nose takes him.

Does anyone know somewhere to point me towards? Oh any home-service places (as leaving him here with someone to look after his needs is always an option I guess).

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Hi Devore,

Check this lady out. All of mine stay here regularly and the boys are not neutered. Its not a huge kennels so wouldn't be overly busy. They have a fab huge walled garden that is totally enclosed and they get 4 to 5 walks everyday!!

Mine absolutely love going there so i highly recommend them. Even pop in to meet her and see the place. Its well worth it.

Sugar, just re-read your post again and saw its home boarding you want. But honestly, have a look and maybe see what you think.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok.... um, where? :)

DeVore wrote: »
    Ok.... um, where? :)

Oh jesus, sorry lol.

Here's the link:

http://www.blackberryrambles.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

andreac wrote: »
    Oh jesus, sorry lol.

Here's the link:

http://www.blackberryrambles.com/

That sounds like some sort of famous people spa camp!
    5 walks a day and rotated access to the sun garden :D
    Thanks for the link, we want to have a list of options for luxury boarding in case my brother can't mind Opie when we go on our honeymoon!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    That sounds like some sort of famous people spa camp!
    5 walks a day and rotated access to the sun garden :D
    Thanks for the link, we want to have a list of options for luxury boarding in case my brother can't mind Opie when we go on our honeymoon!

Sha Sha its brilliant. Mine love going there and they get on so well. I get regular updates and whatsapp videos, its cool.

She even has an indoor area for very wet days so they can have a good run about and not get soaked. Like a polytunnel.

• Advertisement

Put it this way, i am very and i mean very fussy who i leave my dogs with. I could probably count on one hand the people i trust my dogs with and this place is one of them.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sold to the man with the Beagle. I have to say, I'm very picky about who I leave Josh with too, partly because he's so energetic and curious (omg!) and partly because he's my mate and I want to see him have a good time (being a rescue I worry that he might think he's being abandoned again). When he goes to Beabeg, the absolutely nuts bouncy dance he does when he's being collected to go is all the recommendation I need from him... so I'm really glad to hear there is somewhere like you recommend because I do like to pamper him a bit when I'm away (guilt I suppose!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Hi Andreac.

Just a quick post to say thank you for this recommendation. We had worries about leaving our dog, Sadie, as she is a rescue dog and has some issues! She is quite nervous around people and hates being confined. It was beginning to feel that we would never get away again! We saw this thread a couple of months ago and booked our Sadie in.

We tested her out for a day in their day care and it was a great success. She just arrived home after staying there for a week and we received numerous vidoes of her running around with the other dogs like a clown. Not quite sure if she wanted to come home. :)

Unfortunately Carol mentioned to us when we were picking Sadie up that the kennels has had bad news about their planning permission which might be withdrawn. She asked us to write a letter of support to highlight the importance of the location for the kennels i.e. the space, the runs, the polytunnel etc. to help their appeal to the council. The community has also rallied around them and has started a petition. Fingers crossed for good news, it's a great place with wonderful staff.

Ah that's brilliant. I'm delighted to hear it worked out for you. Yes I heard the news. Not good. Let's hope it doesn't come to that as I really don't know what I'll do. I'm very very fussy about where mine go.

When might there be a problem?? I have him booked in for most of August (between the jigs and the reels) and I really doubt I could find an alternative at such short notice!

Is there some where we can send letters of support?

• Advertisement

Devore all is fine until at least the end of September. Mine are booked in too for a week in August so you are fine.

Advertisement