Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund of Pension Contributions

Options
  • 25-05-2015 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

My company recently transferred our pension to a new DC scheme. However, many of us had been paying into a supplementary scheme which has not been transferred to the new scheme. This scheme is now redundant and any further payments into it have been stopped. Steps are now in place for these funds to be returned to the staff who contributed.

My question is, would the refund likely be in the way of a pension contribution (i.e. cannot touch until retirement) or could a cash payment be possible? Whilst I am aware that a cash payment would be subject to tax liability, I could very much do with a cash injection at the moment.

I have asked this question internally but have been advised that the trustees are still working on a decision.

Comments

Advertisement