Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on the Interpros

Options
  • 25-05-2015 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

I think some form of 2 day club cricket should be introduced here, as we see a lot of batsmen at the interpros totally failing to play multi day cricket and have no clue what to do.

Plus a 4th side, likely Munster, should be considered next year, 3 teams just isnt enough

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Garryowen Red

I think the Inter-Pros are working, they just need more time. The attendances or lack thereof is a concern though, there needs to be better interest from the public in them. The application of the players is improving over the 3-day format, the weather making everyone get a hurry on isn't helping however!

As for a 4th team Munster are progressing under the assumption that they will be involved in the 2016 T20 Competition and take it from there. If that happens it's a sensible way to go about it, Munster are starting to work hard at underage development and clubs are putting youth structures in place at long last.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

I think the Inter-Pros are working, they just need more time. The attendances or lack thereof is a concern though, there needs to be better interest from the public in them. The application of the players is improving over the 3-day format, the weather making everyone get a hurry on isn't helping however!

As for a 4th team Munster are progressing under the assumption that they will be involved in the 2016 T20 Competition and take it from there. If that happens it's a sensible way to go about it, Munster are starting to work hard at underage development and clubs are putting youth structures in place at long last.

Yeah agree overall I guess. Lack of attendances is probably expected as they are entirely new teams after all. The 3 day format was generally improved this season although there were still a couple too many shocking sub 130 innings for my liking.

I really want to see flatter pitched though, there is no point in hoping for another Rankin to just appear when all our domestic cricket pitches do is let 130k and slower bowlers feast on swing and lateral movement and become borderline unplayable when abroad they get massacred.

I heard that myself although surprised there's no announcement yet. Hope its true because things do seem to be getting a little stale with the same 3 sides playing ad nauseum, hopefully Munster can get up and running and provide some decent contests.

Advertisement