Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TTC – men don’t understand why you can’t go with the flow

• 25-05-2015 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭

After stopping the pill and having 3 months of regular periods, we started TTC. It’s been 5 months now and ironically my periods have now become irregular. I tried many ovulation sticks but they were negative no matter what. The last month I did the deed every 2nd day from day 5-23 in the hope I ovulated. It’s now been 7 weeks since my last period and I’ve gotten 2 negative tests. Whenever my next period arrives, we’ll keep up the good work but I can’t help but feel frustrated.

My hub is a lot more relaxed than me, he’s happy enough to up the ante when the time comes and see how things go. I just can’t be like that, when my periods are 3 weeks late I can’t help but become overly aware of any changes in my body.

I just feel frustrated because I have to act all laid back when family and friends probe if I’m pregnant yet or when my friends presume it will work immediately when they start trying. It’s no one else’s business but it also hard going through this kinda thing when my hubbie doesn't feel the same.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Ah stop! I though I was the only one with a partner like that!!!

I was late, and am so regular I was pretty certain we were preggers. Tried to talk to him about doing a test and he thought we should wait a week, not to get our hopes up!!

I literally had to explain that very time I went to the loo I was waiting to see if my period had arrived. He totally didn't get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭pipster

Ah stop! I though I was the only one with a partner like that!!!

I was late, and am so regular I was pretty certain we were preggers. Tried to talk to him about doing a test and he thought we should wait a week, not to get our hopes up!!

I literally had to explain that very time I went to the loo I was waiting to see if my period had arrived. He totally didn't get it!

Thanks so much, I have the same toilet issue!

I've also been getting what seemed to be period cramps but no period so I was all excited as I've read every early pregnancy symptom possible but still negative. dam it

pipster wrote: »
    Thanks so much, I have the same toilet issue!

I've also been getting what seemed to be period cramps but no period so I was all excited as I've read every early pregnancy symptom possible but still negative. dam it
    Hopefully you will get a positive test soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

If it is stressing you that much why don't you pop into your GP and have a chat. If your ovulation tests have always been negative maybe you have been using them wrong or maybe it needs to be looked into a little more. GP (or prob some boardsies here) might be able to advise you on charting which might be a better method for you than ovulation sticks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭pipster

So its turns out I'm pregnant! 8 weeks now. Delighted

• Advertisement

pipster wrote: »
    So its turns out I'm pregnant! 8 weeks now. Delighted

Yay congrats!!! I don't know how you waited so long

Advertisement