Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone working in longford warehouse through Connect Recruitment?

Options
  • 25-05-2015 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Just wondering is there anyone on here working for a warehouse located in longford through Connect Recruitment? I started there about a month ago doing picking and got a call this morning from the agency telling me they have no more work for me?!... Cowboys, Ted. Cowboys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Just wondering is there anyone on here working for a warehouse located in longford through Connect Recruitment? I started there about a month ago doing picking and got a call this morning from the agency telling me they have no more work for me?!... Cowboys, Ted. Cowboys!

Don't know anything about the warehouse you are working in but I have had that happen me before , I was working somewhere through an agency and got a call 1 eve at about 7pm to tell me there was no more work and not to go back the next day - found out later what happened was the company I was based in didn't pay the recruitment agency the fees for getting staff in so the rec agency just pulled all their staff out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ThunderGun87

That's mad and as a worker with a recruitment agency you haven't got a leg to stand on, absolutely no job stability. I got that very same call on Monday, no more work and that they were "overcapped" for pickers was the explanation I got. Was this warehouse you were with a freight and transportation company by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

That's mad and as a worker with a recruitment agency you haven't got a leg to stand on, absolutely no job stability. I got that very same call on Monday, no more work and that they were "overcapped" for pickers was the explanation I got. Was this warehouse you were with a freight and transportation company by any chance?

I wasn't in a warehouse, I was working in an office in the accounts department so completely different job but the situation sounded the same that's why I commented on it. No proper notice given just got that call at 7pm not to go back the next day, it was only in later years when I went to work in the accounts dept for a recruitment agency I found out how they work and if companies are not paying the fees the just pull the staff - its horrible and as you said you don't have a leg to stand on - could you get on to the company direct and see if they are hiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I was told by a recruiter, that I was successful at interview, and that she was just waiting now on request from the hiring manager for one role. That was in January, I still haven't started. Recruiter sometimes have a bad rep, in some cases like, you have described they deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jackman1

This maybe off topic but Connect Recruitment is shocking poor quality of service. It would be easier to get the Pope on the phone and if you are lucky to get them on the phone they will tell you that they will ring back and never do plus they are rude and short on the phone that's only if you get though to them. I don't think they have any thoughts for the employee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 westhfra

Glad Im not the only one. Never in my life will I deal with these people again. Beware.

Advertisement