Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partner for pub?

Options
  • 25-05-2015 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

I dont open my pub at daytime and i was planning on partnering with someone to open during daytime while i open at night has anyone experience with anything similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Why would you partner when you can just hire someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Hi there. Is there a possible lunch trade? And where is the pub located? Regards Oliver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

boardbro wrote: »
    I dont open my pub at daytime and i was planning on partnering with someone to open during daytime while i open at night has anyone experience with anything similar?

How could you possibly deal with cost of sales/stock usage etc by partner?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

It is a really difficult one to do practically. If you are mainly wet sales it is a struggle to get food customers during the day and as mentioned sales in the bar would be difficult to apportion profit to , would it be day sale/day profit? Separate tills might work but only if you trust the person leasing.
    I did it 10 years ago in a resteraunt which only had a wine licence and after the first 6 weeks honeymoon it was a nightmare really, who was responsible for what during the change over period, coming in to things not as left or accusations of using things, sabotaging things etc.
    Also unless you have a very unique venue, location or under serviced area in terms of food I think you will struggle to find someone to come on board. If you believe that it could be a viable day time business then paying someone to run an organised set up would be far less hassle. If you are just looking to turn dead space and time into rental income you will find you might rent it out for 6 months and if it fails you will struggle to get anyone else to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Take2Sean

Never partner with someone if you can hire them to do the same job...recipe for disaster...

• Advertisement
Advertisement