Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

S05E07 - The Gift - Have READ the books

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tipparetops

Liam O wrote: »
    I think the season started ok, lost itself a bit in some parts of eps 4, 5 and 6 and the last episode was ok. I've stopped caring about differences to the books somewhat but a lot of the writing is terrible. There's no reason they couldn't have introduced the sand snakes 1 by 1 as was a very clever device in the book reading over it again to give them some personality but just throwing them at us in the middle of a season all at once was a bit of a wtf moment. Characters from previous seasons not mentioned, others doing nothing of note. They''ve just written themselves into a load of corners that are going to be hard to get out of.

dont get me wrong, I agree the books could never be truly replicated.
    But has GOT changed writers/directors or has the money been cut.
    It is very poor this season, I am a fan of the books and Show.

I thought the cult was going to be a good storyline, last night when they threw Cercei into the cell, the acting and staging was so poor.
    I hate when shows go like this, the Mentalist went from great to nonsense.

I fear GOT is going turn irrecoverably poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I think were in for some serious cliffhangers and a mindfuck or two in this season's finale. Look at that cast. :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3866862/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Did I miss something in that cast list or did they just list every actor for the season appears in the finale.

I wouldn't trust IMDB anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Its ok. Its GOT. She'll come back as Miss. Stoneheart. Or stonearm. Or something

Stoneface, surely? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

DeadHand wrote: »
    So few real power players left at liberty in King's Landing. The lack of leadership in the capital has let the zealots take over. Of the remnant, Littlefinger is the most formidable. Expect him to slip a fatherly arm around Tommen and emerge from this latest crisis as he always does: unscathed and with a slew of new titles.

Pycelle will slink off, hide in a hole or get lynched. Qyburn will be off to resuscitate the Mountain. The best thing Tommen could do now is give Kevan (a man not quite as ruthless or formidable as his celebrated brother- but very much of the same mould) a bell.

We could well see a Lannister and a Tyrell army marching on King's Landing while a souped up Mountain goes hogwild inside. Only one result is definite: a lot of dead Sparrows.
    Taken from the Have Not Read the Books thread. What has been shown in the show so far to suggest the Mountain needs reviving? Clearly a book reader spoiling it for them...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thargor wrote: »
    Taken from the Have Not Read the Books thread. What has been shown in the show so far to suggest the Mountain needs reviving? Clearly a book reader spoiling it for them...

No. You're being paranoid. It was heavily hinted at last season after the fight with Oberyn, spelled out even. Some people are just sharp to these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

They showed Qyburn telling Cersei that he could heal the Mountain but that he'd be changed... they showed him straining under a blanket as Qyburn worked... fairly obvious what's happening when we've also see Thoros raising Beric Dondarion.

That was a random corpse under the blanket not the mountain, it was tiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

That was a random corpse under the blanket not the mountain, it was tiny.
    Looks Mountain shaped to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Jofspring

It was definitely suppose to be the mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I just like that Qyburn's cure for death is soup.

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I just like that Qyburn's cure for death is soup.

He'll have the flat 7-Up out next!

Nobody who hasn't read the books would know that the Mountain was even wounded by the Viper nevermind poisoned then dead then brought back by Qyburn, it just hasnt been foreshadowed in the show enough, look at what I quoted:
    Pycelle will slink off, hide in a hole or get lynched. Qyburn will be off to resuscitate the Mountain. The best thing Tommen could do now is give Kevan (a man not quite as ruthless or formidable as his celebrated brother- but very much of the same mould) a bell.

We could well see a Lannister and a Tyrell army marching on King's Landing while a souped up Mountain goes hogwild inside. Only one result is definite: a lot of dead Sparrows.
    If the show wanted to foreshadow that it would have been beating us over the head with it, in the books The Mountain was being held down screaming with loads of puss pouring out of his wounds and the Maesters saying theres nothing they can do, plus it will still be a shock to a lot of book readers when Ser Strong is revealed. In the show there has been nothing besides that one scene with Cercei. If they'd said it in this thread I wouldnt have blinked but it is ridiculous for an apparent non book reader to be able to extrapolate from that tiny bit of info that the Mountain is coming back as an undead super soldier...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Nobody who hasn't read the books would know that the Mountain was even wounded by the Viper nevermind poisoned then dead then brought back by Qyburn

They showed Oberyn plunging a spear straight into his chest. They discuss his wounding and poisoning here:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Thargor it sounds like you missed a big chunk of one episode for some reason. I saw the scene above before I ever finished reading the books and I could tell something was going to happen down the line, a revival of some kind. It was only when I read the books that I came across Ser Strong etc..

Ah right I did miss that whole scene, that's weird, I usually read these threads rolling my eyes at the obvious stuff people ask about :D

Looks like we could be getting close to seeing him in action aswell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Which actress owned the fantastic tits in this episode?

Advertisement