Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pubs with pool tables and juke boxes

Options
  • 25-05-2015 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

seems to me these type of pubs are dying out maradyke i know has pool tables but im on about a normal pub with a pool table

also juke boxes anyone know any pubs that use these around the city anymore

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

can't think of any pubs that would have them in the city. Both are a magnet for fights, so were phased out years ago. You might possibly be lucky enough to find a table in a northside pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,032 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The Cork Arms on McCurtain Street used to have both. Not sure if it still does.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Rebel1987

The Cork Arms on McCurtain Street used to have both. Not sure if it still does.

They still had them at Xmas when I was in there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,121 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Any pub that had them got rid of them. Nothing but trouble, between whos turn it is and the inevitable use of the cue as a weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

The Southern Star has both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

seems to me these type of pubs are dying out maradyke i know has pool tables but im on about a normal pub with a pool table

also juke boxes anyone know any pubs that use these around the city anymore

The Silver Goblet has both..

And never any trouble there either.

Great pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

rob316 wrote: »
    Any pub that had them got rid of them. Nothing but trouble, between whos turn it is and the inevitable use of the cue as a weapon.

Dont remember any incidents like that. I think city pubs can fit a lot more people in without them, in rural areas they can be a draw into a pub that rarely fills so they make commercial sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

An bodhran the courthouse and ziggys all have juke boxes.

If you put on a **** song in bodhran it will be skipped though, so choose wisely and realise you're being judged :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The mountain in turners cross has both
    As does the beergarden too

Advertisement