Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Protection

Options
  • 25-05-2015 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi
    my friends husband has died tragically from suicide, does anyone know if her mortgage protection will cover her home. She is not working and has 4 children to look after. Any advice is appreciated.
    Thank s

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Dreadful thing to happen. How long was the policy in force?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭PaulM1977

Star55 wrote: »
    Hi
    my friends husband has died tragically from suicide, does anyone know if her mortgage protection will cover her home. She is not working and has 4 children to look after. Any advice is appreciated.
    Thank s

A mortgage protection policy would need to be in force for at least 12 months before a claim can be made against it for suicide. If it has been, then your friend should be able to clear the mortgage balance outstanding, provided it covers the remaining loan amount.

My condolences to your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Star55

Dreadful thing to happen. How long was the policy in force?

policy has been in place for 12 years

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Star55 wrote: »
    policy has been in place for 12 years

Claim should be routine in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Terrible story and awful for all concerned.
    Hopefully the insurance will pay off the outstanding mortgage as this is one less headache I am sure is needed at this difficult time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement