Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

raised bed\boundary question

Options
  • 25-05-2015 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I recently had a brainwave,(bad idea) as I don't have a back garden as such, I decided to divide my side garden ( 90' by 60) in two by creating a English country garden style boundary smack back down the middle of lawn. This was for privacy reasons.

I spent a fortune on all the shrubs/plants and proceeded to cut out the shape for the boundary on the lawn.done

So i start to dig down bout 6 inches and hit pretty much solid rock.

I realised then I will need to raise the bed\boundary, but am at a loss of how much to raise by as I have purchased shrubs like hydrenga, fuschias and some taller evergreens like the castor oil plant and few others that will grow to 5/6 feet.
    Is it even possible to plant them in a raised bed where the bedrock is quite close to the surface

Area is approx 25 by 8 for said boundary

Many thanks

Advertisement