Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda - only 22 properties on daft for rent

Options
  • 25-05-2015 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

.... Very low number.... Rents going way up... Selling prices also on the up...

Same story in other large commuter towns?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Yes - have been looking at Athy/Carlow area as we plan on returning to Ireland this year. There used to be pages upon pages of houses to let in Athy. At the moment in the whole of Athy there are 10 places to let.

I don't know if it is a case of not enough houses for sale to supply demand, so people have to rent - or if perhaps more people are qualifying for rent allowance from the social welfare and see this as a better solution to a mortgage ?

Either way, I am not sure we will be able to find a place now, and that's stressing me big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It might just be the clear out of accidental landlords following the crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

It might just be the clear out of accidental landlords following the crash.

this is a huge factor.

I was renting out my first home for the last number of years and I just don't want to be a LL as it is too much work to do right, tax makes it un worthwhile and now that property prices are on the increase the time is right to sell and get out of the game.

My tenants left on a friday and I had the place sold by the tuesday .. just waiting on contracts to be signed now !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Yes - have been looking at Athy/Carlow area as we plan on returning to Ireland this year. There used to be pages upon pages of houses to let in Athy. At the moment in the whole of Athy there are 10 places to let.

I don't know if it is a case of not enough houses for sale to supply demand, so people have to rent - or if perhaps more people are qualifying for rent allowance from the social welfare and see this as a better solution to a mortgage ?

Very few landlords accept rent supplement /allowence at the moment and due to rising rents across the country it's not to do with more people on the payment

Advertisement