Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low flights into Dublin at night

Options
  • 25-05-2015 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

I notice (hear) recently many low approach flights between 11pm-2am coming in over south county Dublin at 3000ft into Dublin to land on the secondary runway 34.
    I presume this is because the main runway 28 is closed each night for maintenance works. Any idea how long this might last? Not inconvenienced, just curious.

http://www.dublinpeople.ie/article.php?id=4707

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

100gSoma wrote: »
    I notice (hear) recently many low approach flights between 11pm-2am coming in over south county Dublin at 3000ft into Dublin to land on the secondary runway 34.
    I presume this is because the main runway 28 is closed each night for maintenance works. Any idea how long this might last? Not inconvenienced, just curious.

http://www.dublinpeople.ie/article.php?id=4707

They probably know over in the aviation forum if you ask there

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

frash wrote: »

Go to Twitter search Dublin airport and ask them, there fast to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The Dublin airport Twitter account often advises when they are going to do maintenance on runway 28/10 but there was nothing on twitter or the website so it may have been some unscheduled work last night. There was a NW wind but it didn't look strong enough to prevent landing on 28. The first two incoming flights from the US arrived early (4:10-4:30) this morning, they also approached over south Dublin and landed on runway 34, I didn't think that runway was long enough for the Airbus 330s, probably isn't for take-off but they don't need the same length to land.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

coylemj wrote: »
    The Dublin airport Twitter account often advises when they are going to do maintenance on runway 28/10 but there was nothing on twitter or the website so it may have been some unscheduled work last night. There was a NW wind but it didn't look strong enough to prevent landing on 28. The first two incoming flights from the US arrived early (4:10-4:30) this morning, they also approached over south Dublin and landed on runway 34, I didn't think that runway was long enough for the Airbus 330s, probably isn't for take-off but they don't need the same length to land.
    Some one asked them earlier and they replied

frash wrote: »

Someone asked this question in Aviation and there was a brief discussion.......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057436646

• Advertisement

Same again tonight, can see five of them lined up heading for runway 34 and about to cross Dun Laoghaire.

Advertisement