Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting Hay Bales or Cheap Seating? Tying the knot !

Options
  • 26-05-2015 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I don't even know if this is possible or just totally a stupid idea but my future hubby and I decided to tie the knot after the yes vote victory

Our wedding is in three months and will be on a very limited budget

Do you think it's possible to rent hay bales or is that something that people probably wouldn't rent out? We're brainstorming about inexpensive seating options.

Any feedback is welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Hay bales are heavy and awkward to move around. You'd have to factor in transport costs. Not very comfortable seating and a bit tight for two but too big for just one per person. You'd find them about six inches too low for standard tables. Unless you're very set on a country/farming theme I'd say it's a non runner. It's certainly something your guests would remember but perhaps not for the right reasons :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JFBird

Thank you for your thoughtful response. This is exactly the type of feedback I was hoping to get. A friend in canada suggested it because she had seen it somewhere but now I am wondering if they were even real hay bales or custom made somethings.

We'll probably stick to picnic tables as my fiance's friend makes them and maybe he'll lend us some.

I really appreciate your help here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭SJ.

Congratulations!
    As a 'maximum', Ikea sell folding chairs for €6
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/categories/departments/dining/25222/

However chairs are easy to hire - there are companies that will deliver and collect them for not a lot of money (just googled one:)
    http://budgeteventhire.ie/chair-hire/

I've organised events before and local schools/sports clubs/councils usually have a source of stacking chairs... not sure they'll give them away for a wedding, but maybe worth a try?

Alternatively, you could always ask everyone to bring their own chair - most people have some sort of portable seat lying around... you'll probably have a guest or two with access to some!

I thought I had replied but evidently I didn't hit the post button or something sorry!

You are amazing and just totally saved my budget thank you so much!!!

BYO chair is an excellent idea as most of the people are from his family and are close by!

And that budget link for the extras is a great connection. I can't believe we didn't think of BYO chairs before :) x 1,000,000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

hi, you can get straw bales 6ft long 4 wide by 2 high or 8x6x3 they can be got near everywhere in the country and are not expensive alot of farmers would give em very cheaply i would think hope. this helps you..

• Advertisement

Oh I didn't think they came in various sizes, that might work for a table base even! Thank you for providing that information. :)

Advertisement