Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving emails advising that my bill was available....but the email is not for ME

Options
  • 26-05-2015 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi guys, 
    I am an Electric Ireland customer but receive my bills to my "everyday" email account that I constantly use. 
    However, on May 7th I received an email to a different email account (which I don't use frequently) advising that my electricity bill was available to view online. The account number didn't look familiar so I replied to the email advising that it was obviously sent to me in error. I received a reply on May 20th telling me that the a/c number in question is registered to another person; different first name, same surname and my "query" was assigned a tracking number. I replied to the email giving my number so that I could be contacted in order to have this rectified. I have not yet received any call and I have phoned 1850372372 but couldn't be connected to a person who could tell me what was going on.

Further to this, on May 23rd, I received an email advising that my electric Ireland gas bill was available. This is a pure joke as I don't have gas.
    Obviously my "query" has not been investigated and therefore my email address has either been used in a fraudulent manner or somebody has simply but unfortunately and inconveniently for me; made a human error. However following receipt of the second email my local gardai seem to think this could be matter of fraud.

I cannot seem to get a response to email queries and as I have advised, my phonecalls to you have hit a dead end and therefore feel that I have no choice but to take to a public forum for this to be investigated.

Can you please advise what is best to do?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

irishsabs wrote:
    Hi guys,
    I am an Electric Ireland customer but receive my bills to my "everyday" email account that I constantly use.
    However, on May 7th I received an email to a different email account (which I don't use frequently) advising that my electricity bill was available to view online. The account number didn't look familiar so I replied to the email advising that it was obviously sent to me in error. I received a reply on May 20th telling me that the a/c number in question is registered to another person; different first name, same surname and my "query" was assigned a tracking number. I replied to the email giving my number so that I could be contacted in order to have this rectified. I have not yet received any call and I have phoned 1850372372 but couldn't be connected to a person who could tell me what was going on.

Further to this, on May 23rd, I received an email advising that my electric Ireland gas bill was available. This is a pure joke as I don't have gas.
    Obviously my "query" has not been investigated and therefore my email address has either been used in a fraudulent manner or somebody has simply but unfortunately and inconveniently for me; made a human error. However following receipt of the second email my local gardai seem to think this could be matter of fraud.

I cannot seem to get a response to email queries and as I have advised, my phonecalls to you have hit a dead end and therefore feel that I have no choice but to take to a public forum for this to be investigated.

Thanks

Hi irishsabs,

Thank you for your message.

It may just be a matter of time before our colleagues in the email department get back to you. It can take a number of days depending on the volumes coming in. However, we can look into this for you from our end if you wish. Please send us the following details:
    • Confirmation that you are the account holder
    • Your full name and address
    • Your account number
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • The email address you are receiving the previously mentioned correspondence on
    If you have any other questions, do let us know.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 12 irishsabs

[*]Hi Aoife, 

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

I think that 6 days is sufficient time to wait and fail to receive a reply from your colleagues in the email department so yes, I would like if you can look into it from your end.

My problem is that the emails I am receiving are NOT for me, therefore I am NOT the account holder for them so how do I manage that to send you details confirming that I am the account holder???? I have no issues yet with my own account- unless it is that which you would like me to confirm?

Originally posted by irishsabs

Hi guys,
    However, on May 7th I received an email to a different email account (which I don't use frequently) advising that my electricity bill was available to view online. The account number didn't look familiar so I replied to the email advising that it was obviously sent to me in error. I received a reply on May 20th telling me that the a/c number in question is registered to another person; different first name, same surname and my "query" was assigned a tracking number. I replied to the email giving my number so that I could be contacted in order to have this rectified. I have not yet received any call and I have phoned 1850372372 but couldn't be connected to a person who could tell me what was going on.

Further to this, on May 23rd, I received an email advising that my electric Ireland gas bill was available. This is a pure joke as I don't have gas.
    Obviously my "query" has not been investigated and therefore my email address has either been used in a fraudulent manner or somebody has simply but unfortunately and inconveniently for me; made a human error. However following receipt of the second email my local gardai seem to think this could be matter of fraud.

Thanks

Hi irishsabs,

Thank you for your message.

It may just be a matter of time before our colleagues in the email department get back to you. It can take a number of days depending on the volumes coming in. However, we can look into this for you from our end if you wish. Please send us the following details:
    • Confirmation that you are the account holder
    • Your full name and address
    • Your account number
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • The email address you are receiving the previously mentioned correspondence on

[*]If you have any other questions, do let us know.

Regards,
    Aoife

irishsabs wrote:
    Hi Aoife,

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

I think that 6 days is sufficient time to wait and fail to receive a reply from your colleagues in the email department so yes, I would like if you can look into it from your end.

My problem is that the emails I am receiving are NOT for me, therefore I am NOT the account holder for them so how do I manage that to send you details confirming that I am the account holder???? I have no issues yet with my own account- unless it is that which you would like me to confirm?

Hi irishsabs,

Sorry for any confusion. We are not asking you to confirm any details on the account that is not your own.

We require the information as above relating to your own account in order to ascertain who is in touch with us. We understand that you have no issues with your own account, but we need to know who is making this request.

We would also ask that you supply us with the email address you are getting the incorrect account notifications on. That will enable us to get your email address removed from the system for the wrong account.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 12 irishsabs

Thanks Aoife,
    PM sent :)

Hi irishsabs,

You are very welcome.

We have received your private message.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Advertisement