Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAS Scheme advice

Options
  • 26-05-2015 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I'm living in my ras scheme house for 5 years now hassle free. Rent paid every week no problems whatsoever and I'm left alone. Now the landlord is pushing to move someone else into the house with me. LL doesn't want to register another tenant, just wants cash in her pocket each week. Surely she can't do that?

Even if she wanted to register another tenant surely she still can't just throw a stranger in to rent with me? I'm 30 years of age now and don't want to start house sharing! I found out too that on ras you're supposed to get your deposit back as you're a tenant of the council not of the LL. LL said she can give back half of it. But I'm supposed to get back full deposit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Ras tenancies are governed by the RTA 2004 and as such, you are entitled to quiet enjoyment (i.e. none of this hassle from the landlord). Also, you should have a lease in place which would prevent the landlord playing up like this. You can either notify the local authority or PRTB to resolve this, or just say it to the landlord (who it appears doesn't know their obligations haven't changed because it's a Ras tenancy).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

I'm living in my ras scheme house for 5 years now hassle free. Rent paid every week no problems whatsoever and I'm left alone. Now the landlord is pushing to move someone else into the house with me. LL doesn't want to register another tenant, just wants cash in her pocket each week. Surely she can't do that?

Even if she wanted to register another tenant surely she still can't just throw a stranger in to rent with me? I'm 30 years of age now and don't want to start house sharing! I found out too that on ras you're supposed to get your deposit back as you're a tenant of the council not of the LL. LL said she can give back half of it. But I'm supposed to get back full deposit

Tell them were to go.

Advertisement