Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Down grade

• 26-05-2015 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I was asked to look at a laptop that is looping at automatic updates Windows 8. The laptop was bought second hand. There is a Windows 7 sticker on it. This is a "Thank you very much" job so I don't want to spend to much time on it. If there is an easy fix for the looping? I was thinking of reinstalling Windows 7 but I don't have the product key.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

steloide wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I was asked to look at a laptop that is looping at automatic updates Windows 8. The laptop was bought second hand. There is a Windows 7 sticker on it. This is a "Thank you very much" job so I don't want to spend to much time on it. If there is an easy fix for the looping? I was thinking of reinstalling Windows 7 but I don't have the product key.

The key is probably on a sticker that should be under it (or possibly under the battery) - unless it's worn off with age

Doing that will of course mean formatting/wiping the hard drive so I hope there's nothing they want to keep on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭steloide

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    The key is probably on a sticker that should be under it (or possibly under the battery) - unless it's worn off with age

Doing that will of course mean formatting/wiping the hard drive so I hope there's nothing they want to keep on it.

Thanks for the reply. I saved the profile on my own PC. The thing is I did this before but when I put in the product key it wouldn't recognise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

I used a programme from belarc to get the product key from my machine as I didn't know where the key was. This is the link to their page. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭steloide

obezyana wrote: »
    I used a programme from belarc to get the product key from my machine as I didn't know where the key was. This is the link to their page. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Fir anyone that would like to know the original looping on the laptop was caused by a failing HDD.

Advertisement