Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bidding Question

Options
  • 26-05-2015 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Asking price on the house is €240K and has been on the market for approx. 3 months. EA has told us that the house went sale agreed at €240K but the person couldn’t get the money together, so the vendor now won’t move below €240k.

We put a bid on the house for €220k approx. 1 month ago. The EA hasn’t come back to us yet about it, but when friends ring up the EA lets them know there are two bids. Ours at €220k and another at €225k. The EA never informed us of the €225k so I am just presuming he is chancing his luck.

So I`m looking to see how to proceed. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Time limit your bid, or perhaps increase it?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

Thanks for the input.

I was thinking of increasing but I`m pretty sure I`ll be bidding against myself.

I`m not fully sure about putting a time limit on it yet. The vendor doesnt seem to be in a rush and I dont want to be coming back to him when the time expires.

Thats why I`m being pretty cautious about what to do next

Advertisement