Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TTC after the pill

Options
  • 26-05-2015 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I'm only off the pill 6 weeks as I was having issues and the dr wants to make sure i'm ovulating etc. I havnt got a period and have done hpt which were negative.. I've had really severe cramping, sore boobs (waking me in the night if I lean on them) and sore back :(! Is this all normal? Every day i dont get my period I think i'm pregnant but at the same time i'm worrying it means theres an issue ...
    Baby is all i cant think about. Funny how something I dont have yet has become my main focus! My partner doesnt understand. I'm sure there's others in similar situations and would just love to see how you're dealing with it and have a chance to vent:)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

When you come off the pill your body can take up to 6 months to get back to a normal cycle. It may be a delay.

Try another test in a few days! best of luck pet xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

My cycle stayed the same after coming off the pill but for some people it can take a while. Was ttc for 4mths before bfp after coming off it after being on it longterm. Maybe I was lucky.

best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I got pregnant on first full cycle after coming off the pill, and I had hugely irregular cycles (why I was on the pill in the first place). My doctor told me that you are actually more likely to get pregnant immediately as your body goes into kick start mode....though I'm sure everyone is different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

So did I, came off the pill in September after about 10 years on it. Period returned after 31 days & I was pregnant a couple of weeks later. It does seem to vary hugely person to person though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Took me almost 6 months after coming off the pill to ovulate and it was 3 years before I got pregnant. It does vary hugely from woman to woman though. You should buy a load of cheapie internet ovulation strips and keep testing :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement