Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Wii U Splatoon Meetup Thread - Schplatyfest

• 26-05-2015 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭

So Splatoon on Wii U is being released this Friday and this is the place for those that have the game and who want a bit of "friend redecorating".

I'll add the NNIDs of anyone who has the game here in the first post as we go along but it'll be similar to the Mario Kart 8 League thread situation.

NNIDs:
    edza-eire
    lemon.and.liam
    safetyboy
    DamoElDiablo
    Iamtonyf
    garrettkid
    Eagle_Nebula_007
    Nollog
    gtok89
    marf1million
    Nickolakis
    Shreddedloops
    Nunberry
    Ciderman
    hixrage83
    Garak001
    Mr.Adzor
    brin8wii
    Magoo1989
    JamesS74
    cherryghost1

You all ready to get inked? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

€35.99 on the eshop if you've downloaded the demo isn't too bad, if I understand it correctly ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

ThisRegard wrote: »
    €35.99 on the eshop if you've downloaded the demo isn't too bad, if I understand it correctly ?

50 Euro for just the game in Smyths and Gamestop, 55 for the Inkling Amiibo pack in Smyths (60 in Gamestop).

Nice to see the eshop price cheaper for once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I'll be getting it on Friday, my nnid is lemon.and.liam

Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I'll be in on Friday, NNID safetyboy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

NNID: DamoElDiablo

Planning to e-shop this on Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Iamtonyf will be all over this on Friday but I'll probably have to let the kids play. The missus seen me playing the demo and she wants in so let's hope that fizzles out sharpish;-)

iamtony wrote: »
    Iamtonyf will be all over this on Friday but I'll probably have to let the kids play. The missus seen me playing the demo and she wants in so let's home that fizzles out sharpish;-)

My 5-year old has been hounding me every day since the demo with "have you got that squid game yet?"... After 9pm Friday, it'll be me playing so see you guys online then.

smokingman wrote: »
    My 5-year old has been hounding me every day since the demo with "have you got that squid game yet?"... After 9pm Friday, it'll be me playing so see you guys online then.

Mine little one is 5 as well I'd say the bright colours will attract them too it. Doesn't bother me anyway only games she wants to play with me these days is minecraft and I'm sick to death of that.

iamtony wrote: »
    Mine little one is 5 as well I'd say the bright colours will attract them too it. Doesn't bother me anyway only games she wants to play with me these days is minecraft and I'm sick to death of that.

Oh don't get me started on Minecraft...or more specifically, YouTube videos of people playing Minecraft!

smokingman wrote: »
    Oh don't get me started on Minecraft...or more specifically, YouTube videos of people playing Minecraft!

Yep I'd love to punch that stampy guy right in the long nose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 gtok

Hi everyone.I have had the Wii u bout 9 months now and have no friends on it..looking for people to add.I see people posting their ids on this post is there a similar one for Mario kart.I looked but couldn't find any.thanks for any help.oh and I hope to be getting splatoon when its out so is it cool to add your nnids?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Really hope my copy of Splatoon gets here by Friday. My NNID is garrettkid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

gtok wrote: »
    Hi everyone.I have had the Wii u bout 9 months now and have no friends on it..looking for people to add.I see people posting their ids on this post is there a similar one for Mario kart.I looked but couldn't find any.thanks for any help.oh and I hope to be getting splatoon when its out so is it cool to add your nnids?
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057200644/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭Nollog

This is the video you were trying to embed.

I'm tempted to get it from the eshop, as my disc won't be here until the 15th or 16th now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

NNID is in my signature, cant wait till friday evening, few cans and a bit of craic.

Decision made.
    I'll be playing from around 8pm Friday night to around midnight Monday.
    I may take a break or two, but that's the plan.

My NNID is Nollog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Going over to Smyths on my lunch with my preorder number to see if they have stock.

safetyboy wrote: »
    Going over to Smyths on my lunch with my preorder number to see if they have stock.

Smyths Naas by any chance? Can you ask them about stock levels of the squid Amiibo pack?

I only thought about ordering one the other day, as interest in this builds, and Smyths wouldn't let me pre-order. :(

Star Lord wrote: »
    I only thought about ordering one the other day, as interest in this builds, and Smyths wouldn't let me pre-order. :(

Was in the same situation myself but rang the one in Naas and they took my name and number when they couldn't do it themselves.

That was yesterday though, not sure if they're still taking preorders but worth a shot...

• Advertisement

I'm thinking I might just go digital, €35 is pretty good for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I have a pre order for solution with amiibo in smyths Galway store that I don't need, if anyone wants it, pm me! Have a pre order somewhere else that's paid off and forgot to cancel in smyths.

Have my preorder confirmed for the squid Amiibo pack in Smyths naas. They have four left by the sounds of it too if you're looking for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

If anyone wants a cheaper physical copy, Argos has it for €43 (no Amiibo bundle though). Also saw a huge poster for it in the Dundrum store so Nintendo is getting the word out at least.

Got my e-mail that my copy is waiting in Smyths, have to be in bright and early to maximize my splatting tomorrow (god bless days off work).

Downloading now so it'll be ready to go when I get home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Played it for half an hour... first impressions are very good! The first multiplayer game took 2 minutes to join, so it was like there was only one game on in the whole world and I had to wait for it to finish before I could join. Hopefully that wait time will speed up after today.

Played the first single player mission too - standard opening level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yeah my first game seemed to take ages to join. Others after that were quick enough.

It seemed a bit unfair at the start, four or five people at level one and two against others at level 15 and 16.

I managed to crawl up to level four to get some new weapons, and eh, a hat.

I'm not entirely sure I love it to be honest. Could just be because I'm ****e though :pac:

Yeah, it was a bit of an ordeal to get my beloved Roller alright, I was among level 14 and 15's until i got to level 5, then I was with 4's and 9's.

Yeah my first game seemed to take ages to join. Others after that were quick enough.

It seemed a bit unfair at the start, four or five people at level one and two against others at level 15 and 16.

I managed to crawl up to level four to get some new weapons, and eh, a hat.

I'm not entirely sure I love it to be honest. Could just be because I'm ****e though :pac:
    My 5 year old should be on before I get off work if you want to play her ;-) she's also after a Mario Kart rematch!
    I'll be on from about 6 till 10ish I already have the beer in the fridge!
    anyone know if you can set up private lobbies or anything like that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    If anyone wants a cheaper physical copy, Argos has it for €43 (no Amiibo bundle though). Also saw a huge poster for it in the Dundrum store so Nintendo is getting the word out at least.

Got my e-mail that my copy is waiting in Smyths, have to be in bright and early to maximize my splatting tomorrow (god bless days off work).

40.99 in Argos actually! I have 50 in GS credit so will probably get it there instead.

Advertisement