Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Wii U Splatoon Meetup Thread - Schplatyfest

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Waiting for team pop is annoying although I'm guessing they're all in bed at this stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I chose Team Pop (gasp!) and find I am usually matched very quickly with 3 Pop team mates but left waiting ages for 4 Rock people to appear, so it may be a general matchmaking thing

Your gear doesn't get upgraded in splatfest so bring your best threads to the party!
    I'm leveling up much faster in this mode too and the night versions of the levels, together with the new background tunes are well cool.
    I have just found a bottle of tequila at the back of my drinks cabinet though so this could all go downhill quite quickly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

What's the significance of being a super/charismatic/full on person? Like I mean after this tournament is over. Will it unlock any clothes or guns or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Christ lads. Effort of reachin maximum level.
    Can be measured in "cans".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Damn my best Rock team was a level 20, me (15) and two 3's, won six in a row and then got slaughtered by team 20's lol.

Pop has some max levelled up players

smokingman wrote: »
    Your gear doesn't get upgraded in splatfest so bring your best threads to the party!

Mine has

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭Nollog

The_B_Man wrote: »
    What's the significance of being a super/charismatic/full on person? Like I mean after this tournament is over. Will it unlock any clothes or guns or what?

You get more snails the higher your rank.

I hope they do these more regularly, I'd like to play more than 4 games when my dsl gets transferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

The matchmaking is atrocious. Keep being put against teams of all 19/20s when my team has a bunch of 6 and 7s!!

eoghanie wrote: »
    The matchmaking is atrocious. Keep being put against teams of all 19/20s when my team has a bunch of 6 and 7s!!

Thinking the same until My substandard team eventually beat a team of 20's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

My team just beat a team 4 on 3. I am irrationally proud of this. Team Pop for life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

One of may last games had me on my own against 4. The one time I was thankful when I got disconnected.

So who won?

We all did. As for Rock or Pop, Callie and Marie said results will be announced soon.

And the winner was....
    Rock

Was closer than I expected though

53-47 was quite tight. I shouldn't have stopped playing at 3pm.

I got 6 snails and I didn't get many games. Happy with the result.

Got ten and added an extra slot to my suit of armor. Don't know what to do with the others though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Went back to this after a couple of weeks of not getting near the WiiU, so addictive!

Couple of things, please tell me there is a way to skip the staaaaay fresh diabolical duo?! So annoying!!!

And It really is a pain that online matches locations are random. I played the same arena about 8 times in a row when I thought it was meant to be a 50/50 chance.

Great game but could be so much better with a few simple tweaks. I honestly hesitate starting it up cos of the pain of sitting through that news flash crap at the start. Please Nintendo, please remove it.

How are ye doing on the ranked matches? I'm up to C.

The match making in the battles seems a bit off too. Many times my team were all C- and we were up against a B and 3 C's.

• Advertisement

The Squid Sisters bit takes 20 seconds to skip!

Really? i'd say it's closer to a minute depending on when you last played. Either way, that's like having to endure an annoying advertisement every time you load up a game you spent your hard earned money on.

I timed it. It was around 20 seconds for the regular one running down the stages. Hardly that obtrusive and the advertising parallel doesn't really because all it's doing is telling you what's available to play right now.

it should be optional. And if it was I guarantee you 99.9% of people would switch it off.

The Americans are getting another splatfest already apparently.
    https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/619264813924020224

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Mr E wrote: »
    I was planning on staying sober this evening but I think a few beers are now in order, I'll be on from about 8 till 10ish well that's the plan as I'm supposed to be up at 4:30 but I've been known to stay up later and get up later due to alcohol and splatooning;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's out at 3am our time, so you can get in a quickie game or two before you head out. :)

I haven't played since Splatfest so still have to try the new weapons yet and now a new map. At this rate the August update will be upon us in no time.

Speaking of, were we given an exact date in August?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That Moray Towers looks like a nightmare for anyone not sniping!

Advertisement