Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Wii U Splatoon Meetup Thread - Schplatyfest

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I downloaded the demo but never got a chance to play it during any of the windows, but I was still offered the discount price on the eShop. Couldn't really say now, but when I get a chance to play it is another thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

OK, I'm now in. Won't be on tonight but would be up for a bash on Saturday night. NNID Nunberry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭Nollog

iamtony wrote: »
    anyone know if you can set up private lobbies or anything like that?

Not until August.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gtok

Add me I'm getting it later!! gtok89

BTW, I missed out on the demo session - anyone care to teach me the basics?
    I've done a tiny bit of digging online, so far I know to :
    1. Make ink, not war - killing is only half the battle, inking is ALL the battle
    2. Splat the Flat - horizontal surfaces are what are counted for team points
    3. Live to Paint - if you're alive and the game ain't over, be painting something, from your spawn point to your grave. Every percent counts.
    4. Why walk when you can <whatever squids do. Propulse?> - walking makes you slow and vulnerable and, if I'm following my own rules, run out of paint. The exact opposite of what happens when you're squidding around the gaff.
    5. You will know them by the trail of the paint - if you're holding a choke point, you can see the bad guys coming by the way they're painting over your ink to make a path for themselves. And if you know your weapons, you'll be able to guess what they're carrying and respond accordingly

anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

cant figure out how to turn the motion controls off, says press L mid game but its not working, cant use the motions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Hmmm, I can't seem to edit the first post anymore. Can a mod add gtok89 for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sure thing.

Haven't had a real go yet... The three boys have been trying a bit of everything while I cooked dinner but given the sounds coming out of the den, they're having a blast :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

iamtony wrote: »
    My 5 year old should be on before I get off work if you want to play her ;-) she's also after a Mario Kart rematch!
    I'll be on from about 6 till 10ish I already have the beer in the fridge!
    anyone know if you can set up private lobbies or anything like that?

Yeah I'll be on sometime later, but when I beat you there'll be no blaming your "5 year old" this time :p
    Mr E wrote: »
    Sure thing.

Could you add me to the first post too? NNID is marf1milion, thanks!

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »
    cant figure out how to turn the motion controls off, says press L mid game but its not working, cant use the motions

In inkopolis or any menu really, tap the options/settings purple tab on the gamepad, and touch motion controls.

Wow, it's much more fun than I expected. There was I wasting time on the single player instead of multi. Not very long waiting for games either, and I want all those big weapons!

Here's a reddit thread full of tips - http://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/37p3bs/general_tips_for_newer_players/

Apparently standing still in your colour ink makes you invisible! Wouldn't have even guessed that.

Watching the videos, tracking a squid in ink is like watching a Predator run through a jungle - you see the disturbance more so than the target. Saw a good vid where it looked like a squid hid in a wall while a roller steamed through, jumped out behind him and double-duluxed to the head. Some of the stuff people are doing already with this games unique quirks are mad. I am going to get creamed online, I have no shooter skills and haven't played a multiplayer shooter this decade...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

This is ridiculous fun!

Banjo wrote: »
    I am going to get creamed online, I have no shooter skills and haven't played a multiplayer shooter this decade...

But the fun thing is you don't mind as the aim is not to kill people but paint so you always feel like you accomplished something unlike in COD where you can be killed before even seeing someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭paperwork

I've been playing myself, I just beat the first boss but I haven't tried an online battle. I wasn't so hot during the test fire but the first few levels really helped me get to grips with the mechanics.

I'll add everyone in the thread, my screen name is Mr.Adzor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

played the single player and one online match, nintendo has a new hit series on their hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

is there any way to get a boardsie room going?

is there any way to get a boardsie room going?

No I don't think so unfortunately

• Advertisement

Anyone know anywhere that has the squid amiibo and game...

gtok wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere that has the squid amiibo and game...

Smyths Naas had four of them at lunchtime today

smokingman wrote:
    Smyths Naas had four of them at lunchtime today

Smyth's in swords is opening tomoro morning..its a new store and it says online they have them I'm hoping its not a glitch in the system don't wanna go to naas

Playing since 3 today, I'm half blind, don't know how to relax now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

safetyboy wrote: »
    Playing since 3 today, I'm half blind, don't know how to relax now.

Ink blindness. It's a curse!

Don't think I've played a game this much in one sitting since tony hawks on PS1.

Star Lord wrote: »
    This is ridiculous fun!

Stop avoiding me! :pac:

Every match I've tried to join you in you leave when I get in :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just added everyone from the op. I used "Mr E" as the greeting. :)

The rollers are a nightmare, its gonna take time to deal with teams of rollers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Nickolakis

Hello you guys. My name is Nick and I added everyone's Nintendo ID. My ID is Nickolakis10.

See you all online!

Advertisement