Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Wii U Splatoon Meetup Thread - Schplatyfest

1151617181921»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

If the sensitivity is the problem, You can change it the options screen, the motion controll is amazing for chargers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It's not sensitivity that's the problem. They controls are absolutely, completely, unequivocally, f***ing rotten. I leave most online games swearing at them. Wii remote controls were perfect on other games and if they weren't you'd adjust them. People may slag COD but in fairness it gave you every possibility in terms of controls on Wii U and dual screen, if you died, it was your fault. The gamepad is most of the problem. The Wii remote was ergonomic, light, accurate. The gamepad is none of those things. It's like waving a feral cat, that can only try scratching your eyes out on one axis. I swear, I just left another game cursing them. The gamepad is great for some games, the Wii remote is great for some games. Splatoon is not good on the gamepad. I swear to God, I've heard Splatoon and SFZ being mentioned in the same breathe before release, it better be nothing like that game or I'll have huge issues. I like Splatoon but it's in spite of its flaws, no voice chat, no alternative control scheme, its control method, constant D/C's, short singleplayer campaign, amiibo locked content and more. Splatoon's concept is brilliant, it's 75/25 more good than bad but it needs a lot of refinement. Anyway, I'm going back to it and fair be warned I'm drinking.

Edit: Splatoon in fairness has its conniption in tight spaces because it's a third person shooter and can't replicate the first person view. It's so frustrating firing off to the sides and hitting nothing. Fair's fair, it's the same for all players.

And there's one improvement already for a sequel, give an optional fps view.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

sligeach, on the control issue specifically, you don't have to use motion controls at all. You can switch off the motion control entirely and use the twin sticks.

WVW69jJMktM-iBiE8f

Team Patrick should win if my experience is anything to go by. I won about 4 out of every 5 matches.

I knew we'd win. :)
    WVW69jJPovIdkuVKIv

• Advertisement

callie and marie inkcoming...

Now they'll have to be playable characters. The thing is will they only be playable using the amiibo or will they unlock bonuses? I won't be buying them either way.

Edit:

Splatoon - Squid Sisters amiibo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxpPBaCLGPs

So the amiibo unlock crap. I was sure they'd unlock playable versions of the sisters in the game. There's also new colour variations of the boy, girl and squid amiibo coming. You gotta love the "limited quantities" at the end. Nintendo, oh you!

tumblr_o6qbjj5JmR1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

New Splatfest and this one is worldwide! Fancydress or Costumeparty

550308_gen_b.png

Game has a pre order up for the callie and marie pack at €30 and parcel motel it for another 4 euro.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/callie-marie-twin-pack-amiibo-splatoon-collection-1276116?pageSize=20&searchTerm=callie%20and%20marie

• Advertisement

Its handy for the likes of me tho, that have to drive 40mins to smyths and arent guaranteed an amiibo because they dont do click and collect on em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Just got this - finally - a few days ago and played a few hours tonight. Loads of fun! Have sent friend requests to some of you, hopefully ye still play occasionally. My Nintendo ID is ionapaul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Bit off-topic but can someone explain how to add friends(people you know) on the Wii U in general? I googled this a while back and came across a few methods but they all seemed very convoluted. Is there an easy(fool-proof :o) way?

It's mainly so my son can add his school pals. I'm assuming then it's easy enough to play Splatoon(and Mario Kart) together?

Big fan of Splatoon btw. Aerospray RG all the way!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You can add friends by friend code - this requires that both parties add each other manually.
    (Home - friends list - add - enter the code)
    Or you can go into MiiVerse and send them a request. This only requires that the other party accept the request within 30 days.
    (Launch MiiVerse from the Home menu and... uh.. there's probably a friend button around there somewhere. Haven't done it in ages and don't have an internet connection I can use to do it now :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You can add friends by friend code - this requires that both parties add each other manually.
    (Home - friends list - add - enter the code)
    Or you can go into MiiVerse and send them a request. This only requires that the other party accept the request within 30 days.
    (Launch MiiVerse from the Home menu and... uh.. there's probably a friend button around there somewhere. Haven't done it in ages and don't have an internet connection I can use to do it now :D )

Thanks - will give this a try over the weekend. Where do you get the friend code?

From memory when looking this up before, there was video tutorial showing a really easy way to do it through MiiVerse but the "friend"(?) button was removed after an update so longer possible in that way. This is just from memory so could be completely wrong.

Adiaga 2 wrote: »
    Bit off-topic but can someone explain how to add friends(people you know) on the Wii U in general? I googled this a while back and came across a few methods but they all seemed very convoluted. Is there an easy(fool-proof :o) way?

It's mainly so my son can add his school pals. I'm assuming then it's easy enough to play Splatoon(and Mario Kart) together?

Big fan of Splatoon btw. Aerospray RG all the way!! :D

If you know their NNID, go to the "friend list" from the Wii U menu. Click on the "add friend" or press the start button, enter their NNID and you can send a short message if you like. There's also a history list, so people you meet online in games and want to befriend, you can send requests that way also.

Or you can find them on Miiverse and send a friend request.
    Thanks - will give this a try over the weekend. Where do you get the friend code?

The friend code is their NNID.

So the NNID is the NNID login name - eg john123?

Thanks again lads.

So the NNID is the NNID login name - eg john123?

Thanks again lads.

Yep.

• Advertisement
Advertisement