Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Wii U Splatoon Meetup Thread - Schplatyfest

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭Nollog

Apparently Splatoon is using CET for the time, so rip my heat :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Lads, in 2 player mode, ignore the balloons and go after each other! It's way more fun! :)

Nickolakis wrote: »
    Hello you guys. My name is Nick and I added everyone's Nintendo ID. My ID is Nickolakis10.

See you all online!

Got your invite and accepted dude, will be watching for you online and will join on sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nickolakis

Apparently, my Nintendo ID is Nickolakis and not Nickolakis10. Please add me if I haven't added you yet.

Let's do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gtok

Just been in Smyth's new store in swords they have three copies of splatoon with the amiibo left.don't know if this helps anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

In case you don't follow the amiibo thread, girl and boy inklings on GameStop.ie

https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=inkling
    All credit to Thatdoesnt looksafe tome AHHHHHHH for posting it

Holy **** this is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Is there any progression/stat tracking for the online?

Why am I only seeing two maps?are there not supposed to be 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

gtok wrote: »

Think you need to level up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Roark

Star Lord wrote: »
    This is ridiculous fun!
    played the single player and one online match, nintendo has a new hit series on their hands.
    Holy **** this is unreal.

I've made a huge mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

safetyboy wrote: »
    Think you need to level up

No I don't think it has anything to do with what level you are. When you start the game the two announcers tell you which two levels are in play. I'm not sure what way it works really but every time I turn it on there are a different two in play. Maybe it changes every hour or something?

2 maps every 4 hours based on CET, stats are just amount of p per weapon, you can buy gear that gives you effects like swim speed up etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'll be on this next week when Amazon deliver.

Murphyebass is the ID thingy.

Hopefully it's as much fun online as MK8

No I don't think it has anything to do with what level you are. When you start the game the two announcers tell you which two levels are in play. I'm not sure what way it works really but every time I turn it on there are a different two in play. Maybe it changes every hour or something?

Yeah I'd like more than two maps at a time to choose from.

Is it lag or am I just bad, I splat with my roller directly into enemy faces, see the ink hit them, they're still running. Meanwhile, I'm behind another roller, they splat down and i die.

The funny ones are when I get a double kill, roll on a few seconds, then my gamepad rumbles like mad, and one of the two i killed just killed me.

This is flipping brilliant.

Edza - your the only other predator-helmet I've seen all night. Is everyone else afraid to open their amiibo?

Sh** I forgot to click a for the next game and timed out

disaster!

my charging plug done broke on me.

Banjo wrote: »
    This is flipping brilliant.

Edza - your the only other predator-helmet I've seen all night. Is everyone else afraid to open their amiibo?

Sh** I forgot to click a for the next game and timed out

Saw someone with the full gear in my plaza and couldn't order it so have to admit, I googled it to see how to get it.
    Might be a while before I completely finish the 1-player and associated challenges though but it is pretty sh|t cool gear!
    Anyone know what the boy/girl amiibos give you?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

To my surprise I've been playing all morning. Still not sure about the long term appeal but at the moment it's very easy to keep playing matches back to back.

Add me NNID: Shreddedloops (I think)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Only realised today you can spawn onto team mates.

Yeah but it puts a marker on the ground where you're going to land that the other team can see, so it's often not a great idea to jump right into the heart of the fighting. It's handy if you're a lazy, kill-crazed roller though, it points out the good places to loiter.

You can start shooting before you hit the ground on those Super Jumps, if it's very near the end of the round (I mean the last few seconds) you can often get a lot of sneaky coverage of enemy ink if you jump onto the front line and come down splattering.

Edit : Any chance of getting added to the first post? (NNID Nunberry)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Only realised today you can spawn onto team mates.

How????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Click on their icon on the map on the gamepad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yip, when you're about to respawn tap on a player on the gamepad. I only figured it out when in a game one bloke, or lass, continuously respawned on me.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Yip, when you're about to respawn tap on a player on the gamepad. I only figured it out when in a game one bloke, or lass, continuously respawned on me.

No I meant how did you only realise this today??? Ha ha, no I'm joking thanks I had no idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You can actually go to your team mates at any point in play. Not just when you respawn.

So is the ranked battles only for level 10 and above or was it just that a certain number was needed to unlock it for everybody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

CastorTroy wrote: »
    You can actually go to your team mates at any point in play. Not just when you respawn.

So is the ranked battles only for level 10 and above or was it just that a certain number was needed to unlock it for everybody?

Apparently they waited until a certain number of players reached level 10 before opening the ranked battles.

They're releasing a new level and a new weapon tonight/tomorrow, and the ranked battle mode, or is that already open? Edit, nope, tonight - https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/605377285391151105

After my initial scepticism I'm awRding Splatoon 9/10 It really is proper Nintendo magic. Fare play to them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ciderman is me, sent a load of requests just now.
    I keep getting kicked out though, communication error!

Advertisement