Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Wii U Splatoon Meetup Thread - Schplatyfest

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Welp, no matter how hard I tried not to match, I got matched against Lvl 16-20's all night last night, my lowly level 7 was not good enough. Everyone had better weapons than me, it was painful....

Tried jumping into a game with you last night. No go :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Tried jumping into a game with you last night. No go :(

Strange, I hopped into a few games with iamtony without issue (not sure if he even noticed :P). But again, I was never on his team, against, just like joining Star-Lord.

EDIT: I'll be on again tonight trying to reach Level 10 if anyone wants to join me.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Strange, I hopped into a few games with iamtony without issue (not sure if he even noticed :P). But again, I was never on his team, against, just like joining Star-Lord.

EDIT: I'll be on again tonight trying to reach Level 10 if anyone wants to join me.

See ya there hopefully. Only 2-3 more games til lvl 10. The only issue I've been running into is for the last 2 nights in a row I've got disconnections! First time it's happened!:(

Luckily the single player is really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Welp, no matter how hard I tried not to match, I got matched against Lvl 16-20's all night last night, my lowly level 7 was not good enough. Everyone had better weapons than me, it was painful....

This! ^^^ Good Gawd, This! ^^^^

Me on Level 6... here, play with a nice mix of other levels usually 3 or 4 up to about 9 or 10, with maybe a single random 16 to 20 thrown in to spice things up a bit.
    Me on Level 7... here, let us match you with seven other level 16 to 20s so you can get your ass handed to you.

Got to the stage where I just quit due to embarrassment. How can Nintendo get the matchmaking so perfectly right (usually) with MK8, yet so horribly wrong with Splatoon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I've been put on the same team as Boards people on a few occasions, but mostly against.

I'm not sure how much level matters, I'm level 16 now and still sometimes get steam rolled by teams with a much lower average level. It can be hard to figure out what the cause is when you get a really one-sided match. The best ones are when you can't tell who's won until the cat announces it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Remember to buy gear of they guy in the alley before lvl 10 as he hikes the prices to stupid ammounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm buying at Level 9 currently, I got one 3* item for 15K because it only had the primary skill unlocked, the 2nd cost 30K because it had the 1st secondary unlocked too. How bad does it get?

Banjo wrote: »
    I'm buying at Level 9 currently, I got one 3* item for 15K because it only had the primary skill unlocked, the 2nd cost 30K because it had the 1st secondary unlocked too. How bad does it get?

Not sure as I didnt even know he was there until lvl 12 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, the level doesn't seem to matter as much as who you're with. Was in a team where one guy wasted loads of ink and time spraying the walls...

Cherry I wasn't able to join you either (got a connection error when I tried) but we did end up in games together alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Never played this, but bought it today, without any Amiibos. Gonna have to start looking around for the 3 of them now!!
    Will try find time during the week to pop me inkling cherry anyway. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Never played this, but bought it today, without any Amiibos. Gonna have to start looking around for the 3 of them now!!
    Will try find time during the week to pop me inkling cherry anyway. Looking forward to it.

Here ya go buddy! You can thank (or curse!) me later with a game!

I was the very same, bought Wii U, got Splatoon . . . must have Amiibo's!!!

My triple pack is due next week hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭smokingman

New multiplayer level open tomorrow.
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/get_messy_in_splatoons_latest_free_stage_kelp_dome_tomorrow

Looks to be the one from 1-P but that was fun though.

yeah, that was a fun level. don't know why they don't have an Octolings vs melee option for single player or 2p co-op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Banjo wrote: »
    yeah, that was a fun level. don't know why they don't have an Octolings vs melee option for single player or 2p co-op.

2 player coop has to be on the way! Maybe it will be announced at e3.
    It can obviously be done as the local 2 player basically does it alreDy.

My theory is that there's an on-disk 2 player couch co-op mode that's so awesome no one would play the multiplayer or solo aspects or bother with showers or food or basic human interaction, so they're holding it back till august.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Kelp Dome is interesting. Lots of space, interesting options for using the high ground.

Had a quick go of Kelp Dome earlier and liking it. Still need that Aero gun though.

Ok I'm now officially awesome for a level 11 player won 4 games in a row and my win counter said smokin!

Anyone playing in the next hour or so? I've a free telly till 10:-)

I'm online now.

Nintendo ID: eoinzy

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

I'm online. Samus81

• Advertisement

I'm online now.

Nintendo ID: eoinzy

I'll be on shortly are we already friends?

iamtony wrote: »
    are we already friends?

Depending on how the first game goes, we could be enemies!! :eek:

Nah, I havent added anyone on here yet. I'm mid game.

Depending on how the first game goes, we could be enemies!! :eek:

Nah, I havent added anyone on here yet. I'm mid game.

He he were friends now.

I couldn't join then you disappeared I'm joining cherry's game now, well trying to...nope another disconnect.

Getting a lot of connection errors.

I think I'm in now

Here we go!

**** sake!

I've had this game since day 1 and have had NO connection errors until now, trying to join a game with other boardsies. What's the problem?

We have you blocked!! ;)

• Advertisement

Sad face

Same here it seems to happen when your connecting to friends only. Weird!

Pain in the hole

eoghanie wrote: »
    Pain in the hole

Sure is at least in the one game we connected I managed to splat you:-) I'll try again in a few of you still on. Damn kids are still awake!

Sure is at least in the one game we connected I managed to splat you:-) I'll try again in a few of you still on. Damn kids are still awake!

It was a good splat, I'll give you that!

Another error I give up! It's like they don't want us to play together:-(

I'm blaming you for that one tony!

eoghanie wrote: »
    I'm blaming you for that one tony!

Ha ha maybe it is me!

98.1%
    serious game! haha

• Advertisement

98.1%
    serious game! haha

Sure was ha! I was looking for placing to ink but couldn't find any. Anyway the missus is home and has taken the telly. Night all the few games that worked were fun.

On now, if anyone is around.

On now, if anyone is around.

I'd love to! But the missus is using the telly. Again damn this no off screen crap!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'd love to! But the missus is using the telly. Again damn this no off screen crap!!

I've put in less hours than I'd have like at this point due to no off screen play.

The map is useful/integral (debatable) and works really well in the gamepad but I'd have liked to see the option of a small map on the bottom left to accommodate off screen play.

I've just over 4 hours put in now and am level 7. I'd be at least 10 by now if they had off screen play.

Anywho i'm joining anyone I see online on my friends list when I get a chance.

Played a few games last night with a few of ye if I remember correctly. My gamer tag thing is murphyebass for those wanna add me but my name comes up as Eoin for some reason.

Great game soooooo many options and tactics that make this cutesy paintball shooter deeper than you'd think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

You can edit the name of your Mii if you don't want your real name to show online

elekid wrote: »
    You can edit the name of your Mii if you don't want your real name to show online

I don't really care but yeah just for it to be the same would be nice.

Will do it later. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I changed mine to be *Star Lord* :D

Star Lord wrote: »
    I changed mine to be *Star Lord* :D

Yeah I wish all bordsies used the same names online.

It's the same on The Destiny forum I had to make a link between user name on boards and in game. Pain in the backside really.

I try keep it all the same where possible.

My Xbox 360, ps4 and Wii u tags are all murphyebass like my boards name but Wii u I must have set my mii name as Eoin not knowing what it affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Played a few games with you last night murphy/Eoin :)

Myself, the good lady, my 10 yr old daughter and 7 yr old son were handing the gamepad around every game. We were the epitome of those cheezy Nintendo ads for the Wii with the happy family gathered on the sofa, that you just wanted to slap...

Well that was us last night, and it was probably one of the best, most fun, rewarding gaming experiences in my (40+) years.

And I cannot think of another game or game company that could have delivered that experience. Well done Nintendo... well done.

...btw, for shame, the "James" with 400 to 500 points was me, the "James" with "800 to 1000" points? My son :/ Git!

James74 wrote: »
    Played a few games with you last night murphy/Eoin :)

Myself, the good lady, my 10 yr old daughter and 7 yr old son were handing the gamepad around every game. We were the epitome of those cheezy Nintendo ads for the Wii with the happy family gathered on the sofa, that you just wanted to slap...

Well that was us last night, and it was probably one of the best, most fun, rewarding gaming experiences in my (40+) years.

And I cannot think of another game or game company that could have delivered that experience. Well done Nintendo... well done.

...btw, for shame, the "James" with 400 to 500 points was me, the "James" with "800 to 1000" points? My son :/ Git!

Ah cool yeah it's a great game in fairness. I'll try get the wife in on it soon.

My scores were a little all over the place too as I was trying to get to grips with the motion control.

I used it for a while, got scores of 300-500 points, turned off and got far better scores.

I think I'm just too old for motion control shooting. Couldn't aim at all.

Cheers for the games btw. Was good fun and nice to half know another player if you know what I mean.

I was on again last night for a half hour or so.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of activity from boardsies.

Maybe I'm on a different times to others or the interest died down pretty fast.

Might get on again later if anyone's about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement