Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Wii U Splatoon Meetup Thread - Schplatyfest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Isn't the update due in August supposed to address this with private lobbies etc.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

level 15 now tried all weapons I could and still the splattershot jr seems the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I love the Jr but at level 9 I've just got an Aero MG and its fab. Could be a coincidence but I'm winning more fire fights and inking more turf. It has narrower coverage but sometimes that just means the paint goes where you wanted it too :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Banjo wrote: »
    I love the Jr but at level 9 I've just got an Aero MG and its fab. Could be a coincidence but I'm winning more fire fights and inking more turf. It has narrower coverage but sometimes that just means the paint goes where you wanted it too :-)

I'm the same - love the Aero MG and its seeker is awesome for firing off at the start of a war, jumping into the ink trail and getting to the middle of the map sooner than anyone else. I seem to get over 1000 points every match doing that no matter how bad I am for the rest of the match.

The Seeker works really well against rollers too - when you see one coming you fire one off and most of the time they'll just roll over the damn thing - if they survive, you finish the job with your high rate of fire and reasonable shot grouping :D
    It's a great decoy, since everyone seems to think you're going to follow it, freeing you up to slow-squid off to the side and spray them.

Have yet to see the seeker do much actual seeking though - can it only track the bad guys when they're "a kid now"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, if they're reasonably close to it. I've watched it veer off and follow one on the oil rig level before, popped a couple of people with it.

Can you have more than one inkling set up, the missus wants to start playing now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Could you not just set her up her own Mii and NNID? We have the missus, myself and two children with their own characters ranking up separately.

James74 wrote: »
    Could you not just set her up her own Mii and NNID? We have the missus, myself and two children with their own characters ranking up separately.

Never thought of that :pac:

So you can have your own character if you change NNID?
    Eeeenteresting. Very unwieldy but interesting... Would mean I wouldn't have to play as a girl anymore. Although I kinda like the way her tousled tentacles drape on her shoulders...

Are there other implications - such as access to other downloaded materials on the WiiU, or do you have to start a new Friends list?

Edit @TDLSTMAaaaaah below : I know, but my daughter will never forgive me. And much like Mr Jenner I'm finding that my online identity is inextricably tied to my long flowing tendrils.
    (Had to look Bruce Jenner up, mixed him up with Bruce Banner. Now I wish I hadn't googled him)
    I'm more interested in letting her play a Turf War without it damaging my reputation as a mediocre player :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Eeeenteresting. Very unwieldy but interesting... Would mean I wouldn't have to play as a girl anymore. Although I kinda like the way her tousled tentacles drape on her shoulders...

Are there other implications - such as access to other downloaded materials on the WiiU, or do you have to start a new Friends list?

You can switch the characters gender, much quicker then bruce jenner, anytime in the inkopolis area, on the wii u game pad > Options>Inkling>Change Gender if thats all you are looking to do.

...Are there other implications - such as access to other downloaded materials on the WiiU, or do you have to start a new Friends list?

Friends lists are completely separate (which is probably a positive, I'm not sure I want my daughter knowing some of the boards.ie reprobates I have on my friends list).
    All accounts have access to any games and dlc installed / downloaded on a WiiU.

New friends list is the only thing, as you'd have a new NNID.

I went home at lunch and checked weapons, no sign of Aero MG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭Nollog

safetyboy wrote: »
    I went home at lunch and checked weapons, no sign of Aero MG

I berieve you get the two aero guns for collecting scrolls in the singleplayer.

At least one of them, sketchy on the other one.

yeah, I think it's the 2nd or 3rd boss. After beating them both I hit the shops and they built it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Yeah you get the mg after beating the 3rd boss.

3rd level is annoying, baaah

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Welp, no matter how hard I tried not to match, I got matched against Lvl 16-20's all night last night, my lowly level 7 was not good enough. Everyone had better weapons than me, it was painful....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Welp, no matter how hard I tried not to match, I got matched against Lvl 16-20's all night last night, my lowly level 7 was not good enough. Everyone had better weapons than me, it was painful....

Tried jumping into a game with you last night. No go :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Tried jumping into a game with you last night. No go :(

Strange, I hopped into a few games with iamtony without issue (not sure if he even noticed :P). But again, I was never on his team, against, just like joining Star-Lord.

EDIT: I'll be on again tonight trying to reach Level 10 if anyone wants to join me.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Strange, I hopped into a few games with iamtony without issue (not sure if he even noticed :P). But again, I was never on his team, against, just like joining Star-Lord.

EDIT: I'll be on again tonight trying to reach Level 10 if anyone wants to join me.

See ya there hopefully. Only 2-3 more games til lvl 10. The only issue I've been running into is for the last 2 nights in a row I've got disconnections! First time it's happened!:(

Luckily the single player is really good!

This! ^^^ Good Gawd, This! ^^^^

Me on Level 6... here, play with a nice mix of other levels usually 3 or 4 up to about 9 or 10, with maybe a single random 16 to 20 thrown in to spice things up a bit.
    Me on Level 7... here, let us match you with seven other level 16 to 20s so you can get your ass handed to you.

Got to the stage where I just quit due to embarrassment. How can Nintendo get the matchmaking so perfectly right (usually) with MK8, yet so horribly wrong with Splatoon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I've been put on the same team as Boards people on a few occasions, but mostly against.

I'm not sure how much level matters, I'm level 16 now and still sometimes get steam rolled by teams with a much lower average level. It can be hard to figure out what the cause is when you get a really one-sided match. The best ones are when you can't tell who's won until the cat announces it.

Remember to buy gear of they guy in the alley before lvl 10 as he hikes the prices to stupid ammounts

I'm buying at Level 9 currently, I got one 3* item for 15K because it only had the primary skill unlocked, the 2nd cost 30K because it had the 1st secondary unlocked too. How bad does it get?

I'm buying at Level 9 currently, I got one 3* item for 15K because it only had the primary skill unlocked, the 2nd cost 30K because it had the 1st secondary unlocked too. How bad does it get?

Not sure as I didnt even know he was there until lvl 12 :)

Yeah, the level doesn't seem to matter as much as who you're with. Was in a team where one guy wasted loads of ink and time spraying the walls...

Cherry I wasn't able to join you either (got a connection error when I tried) but we did end up in games together alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Never played this, but bought it today, without any Amiibos. Gonna have to start looking around for the 3 of them now!!
    Will try find time during the week to pop me inkling cherry anyway. Looking forward to it.

Advertisement