Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Wii U Splatoon Meetup Thread - Schplatyfest

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

On now, if anyone is around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

The_B_Man wrote: »
    On now, if anyone is around.

I'd love to! But the missus is using the telly. Again damn this no off screen crap!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

iamtony wrote: »
    I'd love to! But the missus is using the telly. Again damn this no off screen crap!!

I've put in less hours than I'd have like at this point due to no off screen play.

The map is useful/integral (debatable) and works really well in the gamepad but I'd have liked to see the option of a small map on the bottom left to accommodate off screen play.

I've just over 4 hours put in now and am level 7. I'd be at least 10 by now if they had off screen play.

Anywho i'm joining anyone I see online on my friends list when I get a chance.

Played a few games last night with a few of ye if I remember correctly. My gamer tag thing is murphyebass for those wanna add me but my name comes up as Eoin for some reason.

Great game soooooo many options and tactics that make this cutesy paintball shooter deeper than you'd think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

You can edit the name of your Mii if you don't want your real name to show online

elekid wrote: »
    You can edit the name of your Mii if you don't want your real name to show online

I don't really care but yeah just for it to be the same would be nice.

Will do it later. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I changed mine to be *Star Lord* :D

Star Lord wrote: »
    I changed mine to be *Star Lord* :D

Yeah I wish all bordsies used the same names online.

It's the same on The Destiny forum I had to make a link between user name on boards and in game. Pain in the backside really.

I try keep it all the same where possible.

My Xbox 360, ps4 and Wii u tags are all murphyebass like my boards name but Wii u I must have set my mii name as Eoin not knowing what it affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Played a few games with you last night murphy/Eoin :)

Myself, the good lady, my 10 yr old daughter and 7 yr old son were handing the gamepad around every game. We were the epitome of those cheezy Nintendo ads for the Wii with the happy family gathered on the sofa, that you just wanted to slap...

Well that was us last night, and it was probably one of the best, most fun, rewarding gaming experiences in my (40+) years.

And I cannot think of another game or game company that could have delivered that experience. Well done Nintendo... well done.

...btw, for shame, the "James" with 400 to 500 points was me, the "James" with "800 to 1000" points? My son :/ Git!

James74 wrote: »
    Played a few games with you last night murphy/Eoin :)

Myself, the good lady, my 10 yr old daughter and 7 yr old son were handing the gamepad around every game. We were the epitome of those cheezy Nintendo ads for the Wii with the happy family gathered on the sofa, that you just wanted to slap...

Well that was us last night, and it was probably one of the best, most fun, rewarding gaming experiences in my (40+) years.

And I cannot think of another game or game company that could have delivered that experience. Well done Nintendo... well done.

...btw, for shame, the "James" with 400 to 500 points was me, the "James" with "800 to 1000" points? My son :/ Git!

Ah cool yeah it's a great game in fairness. I'll try get the wife in on it soon.

My scores were a little all over the place too as I was trying to get to grips with the motion control.

I used it for a while, got scores of 300-500 points, turned off and got far better scores.

I think I'm just too old for motion control shooting. Couldn't aim at all.

Cheers for the games btw. Was good fun and nice to half know another player if you know what I mean.

I was on again last night for a half hour or so.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of activity from boardsies.

Maybe I'm on a different times to others or the interest died down pretty fast.

Might get on again later if anyone's about.

• Advertisement

I was on again last night for a half hour or so.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of activity from boardsies.

Maybe I'm on a different times to others or the interest died down pretty fast.

Might get on again later if anyone's about.
    are you still on it as Eoin? If so I went to join your game and then went into a random game as I didn't want to wait the few minutes and the random games are so quick to get into. It's a good system to get you playing fast.
    Anyway I was only on for a few games before bed.

The interest does seem to die down here fast for most games I've noticed. I guess people just don't have the time. Most are family men I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Spot on with the family men comment! I'll try get on tonight for a bit. My amiibos finally came today so I'll have to show off the stuff they unlocked!

I was on last night (Well, she was. I was out) but most of my game time comes at the weekends, so for me, school nights are never gonna be a hive of activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gtok

Kids

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Bought this game today and had a quick go, enjoying it so far. Should be on tonight for a bit.

ID: CiarCorcs

iamtony wrote: »
    are you still on it as Eoin? If so I went to join your game and then went into a random game as I didn't want to wait the few minutes and the random games are so quick to get into. It's a good system to get you playing fast.
    Anyway I was only on for a few games before bed.

The interest does seem to die down here fast for most games I've noticed. I guess people just don't have the time. Most are family men I think.

Yeah family man here too. It's tough getting time alright.

I'm still on as Eoin but will be changing that tonight if I'm on to murphyebass. Meant to do it yesterday.

I'm on at the moment.

Gamer tag thing

murphyebass

Sooo close to level 10.

Nintendo really have a special IP on their hands with this one.

I'm even beginning to get the motion controls.

Slowly but I'm getting there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I got to level 20 and that seems to be the max, I wonder will they remove the cap.

safetyboy wrote: »
    I got to level 20 and that seems to be the max, I wonder will they remove the cap.

I'll be giving it a bit more time this weekend but I'd say it'll take me a while to hit level 20.

Must finish the one player mode as well. I've only done the first boss so far.

Hit level 10 last night though. Tried one game of ranked. Didn't really get it. Seemed like capture the flag kinda mode?

Will have a look again later

I never got the hang of ordering clothes of ur man down the alley. Was out the other night and the missus spent the evening playing it. She told me she levelled up to level 10. Apparently the clothes quadruple in price after level 10.
    Am I missing anything major here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'll be giving it a bit more time this weekend but I'd say it'll take me a while to hit level 20.

Must finish the one player mode as well. I've only done the first boss so far.

Hit level 10 last night though. Tried one game of ranked. Didn't really get it. Seemed like capture the flag kinda mode?

Will have a look again later

Ranked is like King of the Hill - at the start of the match, identify the box you need to ink. Get to the zone, ink it and take up defensive positions appropriate to your weapon and loadout.

I'm still a C-, and C- battles are chaotic - inevitably one of your team mates will run around inking the whole map and thinking he's amazing. Any ink spilled outside the zone is pointless unless it creates a path to the Zone for you to swim, or it kills an opponent.

You're best off to Recon the map if you're not familiar so you know where the high ground is and how to get onto it (and how to get off it fast or approach it from a blind spot) , where the choke points for each team are, that kind of thing, and think about how your roller/sniper/splatter gun is going to fit into things.

When you go back to 1-player after playing a bunch of multiplayer, I don't know about others but I've found I look a lot more stylish and ninjalike when taking down octolings :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Inking outside the spaltzone is mainly done to build up your special.

May have mentioned it here but saw one team I fought against set beacons up behind the splatzone on Saltspray rig. So we would be watching for them coming from the front but they attacked from behind. I saw this quickly enough and went to detroy them. Good idea though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I never got the hang of ordering clothes of ur man down the alley. Was out the other night and the missus spent the evening playing it. She told me she levelled up to level 10. Apparently the clothes quadruple in price after level 10.
    Am I missing anything major here?

Prices double at level 10.

I was level 9 last week and had ordered some 3* gear for 15,000 from the guy in the alley. I had about 13,000 in cash, so it was a gamble to see if I'd reach level 10 before getting the 15,000 I needed.

Got to 15,000 and level 10 on the same match, so the gear price jumped to 30,000.

F*k it in anyway!!

Any recommendations of other clothes to buy then?

I've gotten the "3 Amiibos" so i'll be using them tonight. AFAIK they unlock some clothes. At least thats something.
    Actually, if im being honest, I don't understand the slots and stuff on clothes. May start googling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

F*k it in anyway!!

Any recommendations of other clothes to buy then?

I've gotten the "3 Amiibos" so i'll be using them tonight. AFAIK they unlock some clothes. At least thats something.
    Actually, if im being honest, I don't understand the slots and stuff on clothes. May start googling it.

You have to complete 3 story missions (and beat a boss) under specific conditions to unlock the amiibo gear.

Basically each item of clothing grants a bonus (or three) with the higher tier items offering more bonuses.

If you press the info tab in the menu I think you can bring up all the different bonuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Not being able to play with gamepad screen is really restricting the amount of time I can play, so I'm usually online when other boardies arn't. Really hope it's patched in, but I suspect that it's not high on the agenda.

Reached 10 and tried a few ranked matches. Really enjoying the change in game style. And a good opportunity to try out the other weapons. In the regular matches I pretty much stuck to the roller, but the ranged guns are way more useful in the ranked capture and hold style games.

The drip feed of content is a great way to keep people checking back into the game, I'm guessing that we'll eventually see MP versions of most single player maps. Wouldn't mind seeing something done with some of the more vertical, precarious, "careful where you squid" type maps. And maybe more use being made of the gadgets (sponges, teleporter pipe thingies, turrets etc).

Was playing today and being the winner on the losing team reminded me of this scene for some reason.

http://youtu.be/U-2u5jIfjxo

I'm on till 10 ish but I have to warn yis I'm smokin at the minute +6.0;-)

Be on now.

• Advertisement

Be on now.

Just don't break the game again:-)

Advertisement