Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[EVENT] Tri An Mhi CXIII 13/6/2015

Options
  • 26-05-2015 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Just to let people know entry for this years CXIII middle distance triathlon will close on Sunday night 31st May. Details and entry http://www.trianmhi.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Casula

Just canvassing views on the bike course for this race. From what I've read it sounds fairly lumpy with a road surface that's not the smoothest. Has this prompted anyone to opt for a road bike over TT bike or is it TT bike all the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Very much a TT course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

EC1000 wrote: »
    Very much a TT course

Many boardsies doing it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Kurt is. I entered him. I just love his rants on shortened swims.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

No idea! Did it a few years ago when it was in May and still haven't warmed up properly since. Cycled the route a couple of weeks ago and the road surface is not that bad. The worst of it is in the first few kms after transition but the majority of it is fine. The most honest course you will ever find imho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

tunney wrote: »
    Kurt is. I entered him. I just love his rants on shortened swims.

Sunday 7th June, Meath Masters 1,500m OW race, Loch Lene. No wetsuits allowed. See you there Tunney ;)

(it was 13.9degrees in Loch Lene on Sunday 24th May, from the Meath Masters FB page)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Definitely a TT course, one real hill on the course. Around 500/600m long and you descend for around 5km off the back of it. Great bike course. I'd say it can be exposed in parts to the wind though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

93k on the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Casula

Anyone have a garmin on for the swim yesterday? Wondering was it 1900+. Swim times seemed slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

Casula wrote: »
    Anyone have a garmin on for the swim yesterday? Wondering was it 1900+. Swim times seemed slow.

Mine showed 1.98km. Consensus seemed to be that it was slow / slightly long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

swim was way too warm

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Mr Tony Stark

Im not as great swimmer so my opinion on that is irrelevant really. It was my first time doing the race, I had heard reports it was a rolling route!!!!!!!
    After a disaster swim for me, the bike was fantastic in my opinion. It had everything, mostly up hill !!!! The run had its drags but the scenery was magnificent. Yes, I was that slow. I took in the scenery. Had a nice few drinks at the water stop, nearly checked the menu at the coffee shop etc etc.

Set up was excellent, club effort was excellent, race was excellent maybe next year I can muddle around a bit quicker. Thanks to everyone.

Advertisement