Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand Ride on advice

Options
  • 26-05-2015 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi there, apologies if this is another ride on thread, I am potentially going to buy a second-hand lawn mower private. im going to see it tonight and from the pictures it looks like it was a well looked after machine and serviced each year.

its a 15hp husqui Kohler engine

I was thinking i need to ask about the following
    condition of deck
    are belts in good order
    state of engine?
    state of blades
    check out the back box

anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭blackbox

Check transmission. If hydrostatic, you will need to get it good and hot and try it on a hill, fwd and reverse.
    I wouldn't worry too much about belts - these have to be replaced fairly regularly anyway.
    If you want it to collect the grass you might want to check how well this works.
    Blades are reasonably cheap to replace, but you need to make sure the deck is good with minimal rust top and bottom - no pitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

If your not mechanically minded be careful just asking a question and getting a answer is no guarantee it is ok.
    There are a lot of sellers who will say anything to get you interested

Advertisement