Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soggy Mossy Garden

Options
  • 26-05-2015 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,986 ✭✭✭✭

My garden has never been right, always holds the water, not necessarily in pools, but after a good dose of rain it is very muddy/squidgy for days

am i right in guessing that would contribute to the fact that it is quite mossy also?

i generally put goulding lawn feed, weed & moss killer on it a couple of times a year

would my problem be the type of soil? is there anything i can do with it?

also it would be a fairly shaded garden, not massivly big, about 50 sqm

any advice appreciate please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Our climate combined with shade and poor drainage means this will be a constant problem.

You could continue with the 3 in 1 treatments or maybe try some of the newer ones that contain bacteria that break down moss such as Mo Bacter or a similar product made by Neurdorf, or there is a new product out from Soil Renew that controls moss with algae!

Google those they might be a good alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,986 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

just bought an aerator online so i will give that a go. am going to get a scarifier too. also bought some sulphate of iron so will try that too

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Treeservice

Years Battling Moss....
    This year I tried lime, normal agri granulated lime. worked a treat, it knocks back the moss somehow. 9 euro for a 50 kg bag near me. unbeatable value

Years Battling Moss....
    This year I tried lime, normal agri granulated lime. worked a treat, it knocks back the moss somehow. 9 euro for a 50 kg bag near me. unbeatable value

where did you get it?

agri co op

• Advertisement

agri co op

link? location?

behind tullamore court hotel, look up your local co op or big agri supply store. If you have a drainage problem nothing will fix it but if it surface water even forking the ground should help a lot

Advertisement