Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon order cancellation

Options
  • 26-05-2015 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

I ordered an item off Amazon ad cancelled pretty much straight away. Amazon have assured me that they have refunded the money and that banks generally keep it until they are told to refund it or something along them lines. It's not a massive amount but id rather it in my account then limbo. Can you sort it out on here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    I ordered an item off Amazon ad cancelled pretty much straight away. Amazon have assured me that they have refunded the money and that banks generally keep it until they are told to refund it or something along them lines. It's not a massive amount but id rather it in my account then limbo. Can you sort it out on here?
    im guessing not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    Hi ssmith6287,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards and very sorry for the delay in replying to your post. 

Please be assured that we will always credit funds to your account as soon as we receive them. As we do not have account access here to advise on this further, we would recommend that you call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 and a representative with account access can check this transaction for you. Our representatives are available 8am to midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on weekends. 

If there is any other query we can help you with please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

No they can't. It can be held for up to 5 working days before being released back into the account. They have no control over the hold. 

Advertisement