Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Duane Delaney Track Meeting - postponed until Sat 13 June

2»

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

... or taking points from A3s

Some serious talent on display at Sundrive today (no, not you lenny) particularly amongst the juniors and U16s

Knew the rest of us were in trouble when someone in the Cs posted a time of 12.51 in the flying 200 and into a headwind. He was promptly promoted to the A's where he still managed to finish 3rd!

We still had some very strong kids in the Cs as well as the Bs and the ladies group

My performances in the timed events were pretty abysmal (largely down to my crap technique as my power output was pretty decent by my own standards) but I did manage to pick up some points in the kilo and scratch races to progress to the 500TT. My start in that was, frankly, embarrassing and I probably lost a couple of seconds while I was trying to get some control over the bike

The weather was glorious except for the niggling headwind in the home straight which must have hampered the derny paced hour record attempt. Haven't heard the final distance on that one but would guess it was around 52km

All in all a great days racing - thanks to all those who helped with the organisation - definitely the right decision to postpone last week, except a few more of those pesky kids turned up this week....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Went like a bag of spanners. Nothing more to say about my performance really.

Glorious day. One of the most windless days I have ever experienced in Sundrive.

The hour record was some work. The derney driver, deserves a medal too! And that's before you get to his commentary skills! Especially loved his lace retention system. Legends both!

Also a dual record day. A Sundriver set the record for the vets in the 500. He's a machine! The either u16 or Junior ladies record was set too, either the flying 200 or 500.

Conditions were perfect, wind was minimal, nice light warm air!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Thoroughly enjoyed the meeting kudos to all involved in promoting and organisers. Went like crap but will be back next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Im in agony today, but I didnt race, I got cooked by the sun! the back of my shoulders hurt so bad I have to keep changing sides in bed to give 1 a rest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

any pictures floating around?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

lennymc wrote: »
    any pictures floating around?
    Here's one of kumate....

sunburn1.jpg

:pac:

Advertisement