Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Art Gallery Cafe on Kyle St

Options
  • 26-05-2015 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Some of you might be interested to know that a small new Art Gallery Cafe has opened on Kyle St in the City. It's called "Bolts Arthouse" and displays some top quality local talent.

The cafe is downstairs while the gallery is upstairs.

Hope ye like it. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Sweet now this is going to be a gem I would think... Recently found a place called Jam Art prints it is in Dublin but it supports all local types of artist.

Coffee shop sounds loverly going to have to check it out...

thanks for the tip off

Mm they need to do something with their website it just looks like a skater park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Kyle street is undergoing a little bit of regeneration which is great.

Bolt place is nice, has an interesting atmosphere. Across the road is the theatre house cafe, which i quite liked I must say. The refurbished building they used is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KalEl88

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Obviously i'm involved in it myself, but only the on gallery side of it.
    Milly33 wrote: »
    Mm they need to do something with their website it just looks like a skater park

Ya that will get done soon enough Milly. :) Bolts used to be a skateshop (that's where the name comes from) and they also had a skatepark up in the Northside.

It's a small space but we've got a good team and a lot of excitement. We'll be having more experienced artists exhibit upstairs in the gallery while newer artists will exhibit work in the cafe downstairs. :)

• Advertisement

Kyle street is undergoing a little bit of regeneration which is great.

Bolt place is nice, has an interesting atmosphere. Across the road is the theatre house cafe, which i quite liked I must say. The refurbished building they used is lovely.

That cafe is beautiful! They really did a great job on the refurbishment. If similar work was extended down that side it would be fantastic.

There was talk last year of a mini green area going in right across from Bolts. Right now it's just overgrown with a metal cage surrounding it. Hopefully in the next few months we'll see some progress.

I see I see.. Great well wish ye the best of success.. All you need is a good team. telling you there is nothing worse than having a great place but the front of house letting you down. Will be sure to call in...

yep site defo when they get a chance to fix it up they should will spread the word

Milly33 wrote: »
    I see I see.. Great well wish ye the best of success.. All you need is a good team. telling you there is nothing worse than having a great place but the front of house letting you down. Will be sure to call in...

yep site defo when they get a chance to fix it up they should will spread the word

Thanks Milly, I appreciate that :)

Advertisement